GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Options
PoppiSeed
PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
Hi Guys,
My name is Sisanda, and I'm South African. I need to lose about 138lbs and need all the help and motivation I can get
Hope to get to know all of you soon:bigsmile:

Week 0:smile:
SW: 268
CW: 260
Loss/Gain: -8
Mini goal: To lose 8lbs by the 23rd of April
Timeframe: 30 days
Comments: My program is mostly about calorie counting but in addition to that I'll be adding exercise; 30 mins cardio and a little bit of strength training. Any ideas that may help in achieving this mini-goal will be very much appreciated... I need any and all the help I can get!

Replies

• Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello Sisanda, congratulations on starting your journey! :)

So ... I have been on here for about 50 days now, but the first 1-2 weeks were used to get familiar with it while I was eating as per normal.

SW: 130 kilos
    CW: 121 kilos
    Loss/Gain: -9 kilos
    Mini goal: I have set up mini goals for every 5 kilos I need to lose. I am 1 kilo away from meeting my second mini goal. I would like to achieve this by next Friday, 30th March 2012.
    Timeframe: 7 days
    Comments: I am in my 30s and having been on the diet path and off the path, I have decided that this time is it. I am watching PORTIONS of food coming in and moving more. i have set up my calorie goal to be to lose 2 pounds a week (roughly 1 kilo) but on the weekends I am allowed to go over - so long as I do not exceed my calorie limit to maintain my weight. I really am motivated this time, and excited. If you need ideas, message me Sisanda. :)
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello....my name is Leslie. I have been doing My fitness pal for a couple of week now. I have 150 lbs to learn. I am not putting a time frame on this because I have been fighting this battle since I was 9 and I am now 43. I have tried every diet under the sun and I have come to the conclusion there is no quick fix. It is about changing the lifestyle forever. However, that is all easier said then done. I will post what I have lost these last two weeks Monday. I have a nutriention appointment today and that is the only time I will be weighing myself.

Need all the support I can get and I am hoping to become an inspiration to some has this happens.

I am looking forward to taking this journey with all of you.
  • StorybookErin
    StorybookErin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

My name is Erin, when I first started using MyFitness Pal I was a certain weight. However, I fell off the wagon and gained a LOT of weight. Now, I'm back into working out, losing weight but for the next several pounds lost - MFP won't recognize it. :(

Here are my stats!

Date Started: January 10th, 2012
    Weight: 238 pounds

Current Weight: March 23rd, 2012
    Weight: 215 pounds

My husband and I have been working out. However, I need some encouragement.

I'd like to lose a total of 100 pounds.
    My goal, is 100 pounds lost by next June.

I need all the support I can get! :)
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I started using MFP about a year ago and I had a lot of success at first and then some things in my life changed and I fell off the wagon. I never gained back to my heaviest but I did put back on about 20 lbs of the 50ish I lost. I have decided to rededicate myself to losing weight rather than just trying to not gain. I have about 130 pounds to lose but I am not putting a specific time frame on that, I just want to keep losing and avoid falling away again. Since starting again I have lost about 5ilbs; but, I would love some support and I am more than happy to offer support and friendship in return. Good luck on this journey everyone!
  • echowilde
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Kaiden, l'm 20 and living in Australia. I've been overweight for the last 7 years, and have made so many excuses for myself as to why l can't lose weight. That crap has gotta stop. I have to lose 69kg/152lbs, and would like to be close to finishing that by next July.

I'm maining searching for support to lose over 100lbs by people who understand what it is like, and to help me gain focus again if l lose my motivation. I always welcome new friends!

SW: 131.9kg/290.7lbs
    CW: 129.1kg/284.6lbs
    Loss/Gain: -2.8kg/ 6.1lbs loss

Mini goal:I have mini goals set up every 5% of the weight l have to lose. First goal is 124.9kg/275.5lbs, and the reward is a Heart Rate Monitor.

Ultimate Goal: 62.9kg/138.7lbs!!!!!
  • ladybug8814
    Options
    Good Morning group,

Just wanted to report that I have lost 5.5 lbs. Below are my status since I did not report them the last time and I do apologize.

Starting Weight: 371
    Current Weight: 351
    I am 5'5"
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150

I love echowilde's mini goals. I have a pair of pants for my first mini goal, which I tried on today and no go. So hopefully I will be in them soon. Not just in them but comfortable.

Talk to you all soon.
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - My name is Karen and I live in Florida. I am 50 years old, mother of 4 (ages 5 - 6 - 24 - 27) and I have my first grandchild (just 3 weeks old). I've let my busy life get in the way and be a crutch for not losing weight. I have had success on "myfitnesspal" in the past, but I get busy, and set it (and my diet aside). This time I am reaching out more in fitness pal and trying to be involved in a group and on the boards, blogging, tracking my food & exercise better. So this group is perfect for me.

I've been on a weight rollercoaster all of my life. I knew what to do - and just plain didn't do it. So now here I sit with my 50 year old metabolism, irritated with myself that I didn't get serious when my metabolism was faster and when I had more time to do for "ME". To add insult to injury, I reopened the baby factory with my new hubby in my mid-40's, so even though I still weigh the same as I did when I started that 2 year adventure in babies -- my sand shifted and I can't get it to go back where it was. :laugh:

I like food that tastes good and I'm discovering that I like to cook and be creative, so I am trying to prepare healthier meals that my whole family will enjoy. I do best when I am held accountable for what goes in my mouth. I am very excited to be here with others trying to lose the same amount of weight I need to lose.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group. Please feel free to add me as a friend for added support. I know I can use all the support I can get! (HUGS) :heart:
  • k8little
    k8little Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Kait, I'm 5'5" and have about 115 pounds I want to lose. I have one child and a husband, who is also a child well sometimes :-) and need to get this weight off once and for all. I had an epiphany I see myself thinner and without the weight in my whole life I have never been able to see it before. Lets rock this people and thanks for all the support!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Jennifer! I am 29 and a college student with 3 little kids here in California and I just joined MFP. I also need to lose 100 pounds and I can't wait to do it. I used to go to the gym when I was younger and I really enjoyed it, so I just joined a gym. I also get plenty of exercise chasing around little ones. Over the last year or so I started eating much more healthy than before, mostly because I was concerned that my kids would not be healthy. I am joining this group because I need lots of support and to see other people doing it too! I have a lot of stress from schoolwork and I do a lot of snacking while I study, I think I am a stress eater, so I would love to lower my stress levels!
  • ladybug8814
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer....glad you are joining us. If it helps I understand the struggle of raising kids and going to school at the same time. It is cool you are doing it while you are younger. I worked, went to college full time and was a single mom in my twenties. I use to hate everyone telling me to do it while I was young but now I totally get it.

Just a suggestion...I am taking college courses right now too and usually right after work. I carry sugar free hard candies and gum in my back pack and anytime I think I want to eat I just stick a piece of gum or candy. It usually helps.

With the support of each other we can do this.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladybug I will try that! :)
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Joyce and I live in the Madison, WI area. I am 35, and have been overweight most of my life, I guess the earliest I can remember (though I don't recall thinking myself fat at the time) was was in grade school 5th or 6th? And the kids making fun of me. Well now I am grown and at my heaviest ever, but I kept telling myself it was ok, I was still healthy because I did not have to take any meds for high bp or cholesterol or anything like hat, but at my annual exam all that changed and my md put me on blood pressure meds. That was a blow to my emotional enabling! So promptly I began with MFP about a month ago, determined to lose some weight and get into shape so that, dare I hope I can get off the meds by my follow up at the end of may, or at least within the next year. In addition I would like to be a good example to my 12 year old daughter, who so far is in great shape I think, and I would like to keep it that way. I have been married to my husband for about 3years now, who likes to appear supportive, but in reality 95 percent of he time is not...he is another one of those that has a hard time with responsibility and acts more like a child than my own child. At this point I suspect my journey with MFP will last longer than my marriage if things don't shape up, but glad I have this tool to help me through and not lose my progress because of whatever personal pitfalls I may come across. I have been with MFP for about 1mo now. SW 325 and CW 316ish? I would love to be down to 300 by my follow up which seems doable, I think my long term goal for MFP was 100 lbs lost?, which I will modify through my journey, ideally I would like to be between 150 & 180 somewhere.
  • snappy_mom
    snappy_mom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Tonya and my goal is to lose a total of 135-145 pounds. (Not sure if I can get to my ultimate goal without skin removal surgery). I love MFP! It is so easy to use so it makes it easy for me. I recently joined Snap Fitness and am enjoying working out.

About two years ago, I 40 pounds, but then gained them back plus 10 more when I got sidelined with an injury. I am determined this time to get to my goal.
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I am so glad to have found this site. I have been working on losing weight it seems my entire adult life. joining MFP has been a blessing. I love the support and encouragement from from folks whom really understand what it is like to have to lose over 100 pounds. I am excited that I have finally lost into double digits even if it is only 12 lbs. I wish all of us the best of luck. I look forward to encouraging each other along the way.
  • PoppiSeed
    Options
    Welcome everyone and I hope we'll all motivate and inspire the best in one another; and we'll at least be inspired to participate in our weekly weigh ins. Everyone is welcome to share their weightloss / maintenance tips and everything between dreams and goals. Enjoy life!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I have been overweight since the beginning. So I do truely understand what it is like trying to lose weight - and a significant amount at that. I officially should lose 140lbs per the 'charts'. Not sure that is a realistic goal for me. So my first goal is to lose 100lbs. I lost 90lbs 7 yrs ago - but health reasons and not paying attention to myself - I gained all but 5 of it back. :( But this time I am not restricting anything - I know I have to be able to have a taste of even the 'forbidden' foods or I will go off the deep end and re-gain anything I have lost. So far - 20 pounds. It is a work in progress. Please feel free to friend me if you like. I can always use someone to kick me in the butt to do this... :happy:
  • crocheted_ladybug
    crocheted_ladybug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've always been on the "plump" side since I was little, but over the last few years I've really let it get out of hand. It was a wakeup call for me the other day when I realized I have had this account active for 17 months, and gained 20 pounds since I started. On top of that, I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic, and have high cholesterol and blood pressure. It's time for a change. I've been "motivated" before, but now it's do or die. I'm 27, and I don't want to be this way anymore. I'm at 252 right now (my heaviest) and I need to drop down to at least 120, so that's 132 lbs to lose.

My immediate goal is to stick to the meal plan I'm on, and to get in some good exercise. I don't want to take any shortcuts if I can avoid it, but my first weight goal is to lose 25 pounds by June 13, my 6 year wedding anniversary.

I can use all the help and encouragement you can throw my way, and I'm excited to offer support of my own. Let's kick some fat!
  • k8little
    k8little Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok so I see no one has been here in a while..... bummer! I would really hope this group could start up again because I got losts of weight to lose and having the support from others who are in the same boat would be really nice. My only brother is getting married Aug 2013 and I am really done with being the largest person in my whole family and feeling like I stand out ( not a good way) in all the pics so I hide. my goal would be to loose 100 pounds by then but I will settle for 50 plus pounds gone. Come On people I really want support in this journey and goals I have set forth and I will in turn SUPPORT and INCOURAGE you aswell. lets rally and get this group living again! Big :-)
  • PoppiSeed
    Options
    congrats to your brother... i've been very inactive but i also need support :-)
    hope everyone joins in ... we should have a daily check in thread and maybe a weekly or monthly weigh in thread / measurements thread as well (just an idea):smile: