50 something friends

Options
Hi...I'm 50, a busy single mum, and need all the friends I can get....let's support each other. I live in Perth and log in every day.

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm not 50... i'm only in my 30's, but I too am a busy single mum. Happy to be your friend. I too am on everyday and log everything. have to give and receive motivation.
  • AussieSusan
    Options
    Hi
    I have over 50 kilos to lose, but will be happy with 30 to start

I am nearly 52 years old and my Mum died when she was 52 AGHH scary as I have too much to do

I need a better direction in my food outlook which is why I joined MFP.

I am a serious sugar addict with cans of coke mostly I have had many food eating problems and have attacked it from different angles but never one that has worked for more than a few years, so I think MFP will help me be accountable for what I create

I am looking for new friends if you would like to add me
    Thanks have a good day
    Susan
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52 and have been with MFP for way too long and should have reached my goal. Have been with different support groups but as most of them are in a different time zone have not really gotten the support I need. Since the new year I have gone backwards, or should I say upwards, number on scales going up not down. I am now 102.8kgs and would like to be maybe 75 although would be extremely happy with 80kg. Truthfully I will be happy to see 95 to start with.

I would like to start an aussie motivational, active support group on here. would anyone like to join in.

We could start today, with introducing ourselves and making a small goal for today. Then we will move on to having goals for the week and share tips, health, exercise and problems.

Hi, I'm Jenni, I live in Sydney. My interests other then eating are reading, currently the Georgette Heyer novels, I enjoy gardening, and sewing. I hate housework. When I am in the exercise mode, I enjoy aquaerobics, ballet (adult beginners :laugh: ) walking, zumba and a few more, not really a runner (yet).

Todays goal is to stay within my calories and drink plenty of water. I will also wear my pedomoeter and just see how many steps I manage. I am recovering from pneumonia so gentle it is.

:heart: AussieSusan you have the motivation of your mothers history to help you on this journey (plus us). I was prompted by being diagnosed with diabeties, then my auntie had a stroke, and damm it I was sick of struggling to do up my shoelaces. I also want to sit on a plane and be able to put the food tray down. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: mmk137 being a single mum is a tough job. Its great that you are on here everyday and can get and give support. We can all learn from each other no matter what age.

:smile: coletteekirke we may be mile(opps kilometers apart) but at least in the same time zone well close enough and on the same journey. Thats what is great about this. But I do feel we need an active aussie group, same foods available, same exercise dvds, same season. Honestly I love all the people I have met on here, but when they talk about getting ready for summer and we are going into winter, converting kgs to pounds its all too much. Plus sometimes I think we need a bit closer to home support.

Enjoy your beautiful Easter Monday.