Week 1 Start

Options
Hi Everyone.

I am just starting out here. It sounds like this 20 pound club summer time is going to be an awesome motivational message board. I know its close to summer, but I know i can do this! any tips or advice from your success with weight loss?

Replies

• looplooploop
    Options
    I just found this group today and I'm jumping on board too :)

SW: 155lbs
    CW: 153 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

Hopefully this group can help me get there! Looking forward to the support.

Emboch, one major tip I can offer you that has made calorie counting and keeping on track SO much easier is this website: http://www.skinnytaste.com/. All of her recipes are so tasty and as a bonus, they're all already entered into MFP. Yum!
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new.

Cw: 155
    gw: 135
    height: 5'7

I'm planning on counting calories, and mixing weight training and a 'couch to 5k' and hopefully '5k to 10k' program.
  • Nt84
    Nt84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I am a November bride trying to fit into the dress I already bought! I am looking to get back into shape

Cw: 185
    gw: 155
    height: 5'6

Thank you for starting this group!
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thank you for this group.
    sw: 195
    height: 5'10"
    gw: 175 ( 165-170 even better! but baby steps!)
  • MissArielLauren
    Options
    Hey Girl :smile:

I'm 5'4 and was once at 125, but got down to and maintained 110-115.

My best advice is to you would be:

-Drink PLENTY of water!
    -If you don't already have like a pair of jeans or shorts (or whatever) that you'd like to fit into, go out and buy something that you'd like to fit into and leave it out where you will see it ALL the time.
    -If you are watching TV do squats, crunchs, or run in place (etc) during commercials.
    -Eat whole wheat, lots of fruits & veggies, make sure you get plenty of protein.
    -Take a good multivitamin.
    -Use this site DAILY, it REALLY helps you out!

Hope that helped! :heart:
  • NunoPiresCosta
    Options
    Starting today as well.
    I am 5 ft 11 (180 cm) and until 2 years ago I have always been 175 lbs (80 Kg).
    Now I am 195 lbs (88 kg) and I decided I have to address the issue and get back to my true figure.
    Best wishes, everyone!

PS: Am I the only man posting on this topic? It's not gender specific, is it?
  • harriette
    Options
    Hi all

Im new here too! Any advice welcome.

Height 5ft 5

SW - 154
    CW - 146
    GW - 119

I'm currently eating 1300 a day and doing about an hour of various cardio and bodyweight exercises. Losing weight slowly but steadily.

Things I've learned recently that have really helped are:
    - Water water water! Not only good for skin and hydration but also keeps you full and stops you eating when you actually are hungry
    - learn new protein rich recipes
    - switch up your exercise to keep things interesting and fun.

Any other advice welcome!