Trying to beat the sweet cravings

Options
I just came back from a brisk walk with my husband, and our jack terrier dog, Jackie. It was a refreshing walk but when I arrived home I craved something sweet. I don't eat past 7pm and I noticed it was 6:40pm. Instantly I went into the kitchen and made a bowl of Kelloggs Special K cereal with equal sweetner. I want to beat the sweet cravings. Do anyone have any idea how to do this?

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have fruit and greek yogurt. Or a cup of dessert tea with milk and sweetener.
  • KacieK1
    KacieK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The herbal supplement gymenma sylvestre is supposed to be good for maintaining glucose levels and weaning a sweet tooth, but I haven't tried it. If you're looking for a healthy snack to curb the cravings then plain greek yogurt with splenda, strawberries, or cocoa roasted almonds are good choices. Murray's sugar free shortbread bites (80 cal packs) are delish too.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Popsicle are a nice sweet treat
  • lallder
    lallder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use a cinnamon supplement and it seems to help my sugar cravings. If I actually want something sweet, I'll have a pineapple cup or sugar free jello chocolate pudding.
  • rosalynforeverfit
    Options
    Chromium is a great supplement
  • evangelistbynum
    evangelistbynum Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will try them. Prayerfully it will work!
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Every time I've tried to lose weight, I had the same issue. Although my major weakness is soda. I keep a supply of those individual drink mixes. They come in a lot of flavors, and even some caffeine ones! Those usually beat my sweet craving and only have 5 or 10 calories, plus you're drinking water! If I ever get a super bad chocolate craving, I buy a few of those whips yogurts. They're filling and very good!