HAPPY APRIL!!!!!! LETS GET IN GEAR AND READY FOR SUMMER

Options
2»

Replies

• lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did it! 10 miles this week! I also got fitted for a new pair of sneakers from the New England running co. They were super helpful, even picking out the right socks. I felt a little embarrassed in there surrounded by all these super fit runners, but when I quietly told the sales woman I have been working on completing a 5k and finished 10 miles this week on the treadmill she seemed genuinely excited and offered some tips. This week reminded me of the following quote.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-Tzu (Chinese philosopher)

Awesome job!! You did it!
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    Ok, I did it! 10 miles this week! I also got fitted for a new pair of sneakers from the New England running co. They were super helpful, even picking out the right socks. I felt a little embarrassed in there surrounded by all these super fit runners, but when I quietly told the sales woman I have been working on completing a 5k and finished 10 miles this week on the treadmill she seemed genuinely excited and offered some tips. This week reminded me of the following quote.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-Tzu (Chinese philosopher)

Yay! I am so proud of you. I was that way the first time I went to a store that specialized in running shoes but I think so many times when we are bigger we build up situations like this in our heads. At least I know I do. I always think they are going to say or think negative things about me so that I strengthen my skin. that way if they do I am prepared and I feel like it doesn't hurt me. However; then I think I short change people who honestly really are nice and want to help me. Just keep your head up and know that you are doing amazing and just as good as all those "serious" runners.
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    I accomplished my 10 miles on Saturday and man let me tell you what. I did a mix of inside/treadmill running and outside/pavement running and the outside running kicked my butt. I don't quite know why but man it did. I am proud that I accomplished that and I think we will keep this trend going.