Holding phone while jogging?

Options
statickey
statickey Posts: 309 Member
Hey!

I started C25K last night and love it...but I had to keep my phone in my pocket while I ran and was paranoid it would fall out. How do most of you run with it? I was thinking of buying one of those arm band things to hold my phone?? What would you suggest? Thanks!

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I wear a lightweight bodywarmer that has zippable pockets, does the trick, and also does for my ipod, keys, gloves and doggy bags. I like to run tooled up lol...
  • Tim249
    Tim249 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use a tuneband because I usually don't have pockets when I run.mmworks great.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuneband-Grantwood-Technologys-Silicone-Protector/dp/B003ZZKL6U
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually run on the treadmill so I stick it in the cupholders but when I run outside-I stick it in my bra. Haha classy I know.
  • theneener
    theneener Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since I have small arms, I figured an iPhone in an armband would be awkward. I did some research to check alternatives and ran into SPIbelt (http://www.spibelt.com). It's basically a tiny fanny pack that stretches to hold smartphones, keys, gels, etc. When I've got the pouch on my hip, it barely bounces when I run. Pretty handy!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I use on of those armbands for my iPod... I ordered it on ebay for literally under $5 (including shipping). The only problem I run into is that when I wear "heavier" sleeves, it doesn't stay put. Not a huge problem though.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I hold it in my hand...it's a blackberry flip phone, so they don't make good arm bands for it! I've kinda gotten used to holding it, because I don't want to go running without it!
  • statickey
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up buying an arm band off Amazon for like 3 bucks, so hopefully it holds up well.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to get the usual armband as they scream "I have an iphone" and I run in a park full of teenagers and drug dealers in a rough part of town. So yeah, tried a more subtle armband - the y-fumble. Rubbish, really hard to get things in and out of.

Going to try the spibelt next.

:-)
  • statickey
    Options
    I cant remember which one I ordered... I have an iPhone too, but I plan on wearing it under my sweater, its still a little chilly here and I usually do this in the evening time.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    The spibelt looks great. I hope it ships to Singapore!

I've contemplated armbands, but I've got kinda thin arms (at the moment) so am kinda reluctant to order one then find out it doesn't fit :noway: