Time vs Distance

lizo11
lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
I am just curious for everyone doing this program, are you following the time or the distance, or a combination of both?

When I started, I was doing it by time. Somewhere (week 5 maybe?) I started going by distance. Now (just started week 7), I am going by the distance, to see how much time it takes me. I am just curious as to how others are approaching it.

Thanks and happy running!

Replies

• theneener
    theneener Posts: 3 Member
    So far (week 4!), I've only gone by time. I'm 5'0" with short legs so I figure I'd be working overtime if I went by distance instead. Since I never regularly exercised before this program, I decided I should focus on endurance instead of speed.
  • katieacor
    katieacor Posts: 43 Member
    I am on Week 3 Day 3 and still going by time. I have short legs too! But I run pretty slow also. I am just super excited to be able to do such a program that for now distance is not as much a priority as endurance is.
    I hope to switch to distance at some point though. You encourage me that you have made that switch in week 5! What made you switch over from recording time to distance?
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    A lot of it had to do with the fact that I am doing a 5K in May (two weeks after I am acheduled to finish C25K) and I want to be able to run the full distance.

I also was finding that I could run the time and feel okay, but wasn't making quite the same distance, if that makes sense. I am a really slow jogger, but I am up the endurance to get the distance in.