Week of April 9th Challenges

Options
Cardio: Lets shoot for the 7mile club . I would like everyone to try and hit the ten mile mark by this Saturday. You can walk, jog, or run. Try and fit in at least a mile a day. However; to make it a little interesting keep track of your time and by the end of the week we will see who has the best 1 mile time. :) I am a little competitive so I think this make me get my butt in gear.

Strength- 100 Squats with weights. Lets see who can do this the best too.

Agility- 100 ski hops (http://youtube/1qnsoC4VYi4)

Lets push eachother to get this done.

Replies

• sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You're on!! I like it!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Count me in -- although I have pretty good endurance my mile is turtle slow! Maybe this will help me pick up the speed! Also what do you mean 100 squats lets see who does these the best too? How do we judge that?
  • tkrista81
    Options
    Even though I failed miserably last week, I will attempt the challenge again :)
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    Count me in -- although I have pretty good endurance my mile is turtle slow! Maybe this will help me pick up the speed! Also what do you mean 100 squats lets see who does these the best too? How do we judge that?

Sorry I meant to say weighted squats so see who can do the most with the most weight.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Even though I failed miserably last week, I will attempt the challenge again :)

that is why we are all here. To keep trying.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I had a very bad Monday but yesterday went well. I did 60minutes on the treadmill and did pretty good with my calories. I am pretty sure I am going to change my diet from low carb/ high protein (which hasn't even been consistent the last week or so) to whole grains, lean meats, and loads of fruits/weggies. I don't think low carb is right for me and I only tried it (again) because others I know have had great success with it. I am listening to my body and it is too much for me to maintain long term. I think before my body revolts and I fall off completely (gaining back everything I lost) I am going to try something that I can manage long term. Years ago when I lost a bunch of weight I did it with whole grains and I felt great during the process.The excuse I used to fall off the wagon that time was because I got into an argument with my gym partner and stopped working out for fear of running into her -- eventually my diet went back to eating whatever I wanted. I am not sure why it is so hard to resist the latest trends that seem to be bringing everyone success but I think for my best results I have to do what will work for me. I am learning to pay attention to me! Yay!
  • sarita66
    Options
    Ok this personal trainer I have been working with really kicks my...you know what! My mile walk is fairly slow. I managed to get a mile in just under 18 minutes. Today I did 30 squats with 20 pound weights. I only have 3 miles in this week so I have to get moving. I'm not sure I can do the ski jumps it hurts my knees. How is everyone doing?
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in..I'm 2 days late but ima get right on that!! lol
  • ALHicks
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I had a very bad Monday but yesterday went well. I did 60minutes on the treadmill and did pretty good with my calories. I am pretty sure I am going to change my diet from low carb/ high protein (which hasn't even been consistent the last week or so) to whole grains, lean meats, and loads of fruits/weggies. I don't think low carb is right for me and I only tried it (again) because others I know have had great success with it. I am listening to my body and it is too much for me to maintain long term. I think before my body revolts and I fall off completely (gaining back everything I lost) I am going to try something that I can manage long term. Years ago when I lost a bunch of weight I did it with whole grains and I felt great during the process.The excuse I used to fall off the wagon that time was because I got into an argument with my gym partner and stopped working out for fear of running into her -- eventually my diet went back to eating whatever I wanted. I am not sure why it is so hard to resist the latest trends that seem to be bringing everyone success but I think for my best results I have to do what will work for me. I am learning to pay attention to me! Yay!

I am doing pretty good. My girls have been going throught the whole nightmare stage so I am not getting much sleep so it is taking its toll on my workouts. However I have done ok so far. I love the last line of your message. I am learning to pay attention to me. As a mom I struggled w/ this for quite some time and still do.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Cardio: Lets shoot for the 7mile club . I would like everyone to try and hit the ten mile mark by this Saturday. You can walk, jog, or run. Try and fit in at least a mile a day. However; to make it a little interesting keep track of your time and by the end of the week we will see who has the best 1 mile time. :) I am a little competitive so I think this make me get my butt in gear.

Strength- 100 Squats with weights. Lets see who can do this the best too.

Agility- 100 ski hops (http://youtube/1qnsoC4VYi4)

Lets push eachother to get this done.

Strength- Done thanks to 30 day shread video
    Agility- Done also thanks to video.
    Cardio- On mile 5 so I think I will do good
  • sarita66
    Options
    Strength: done

Cardio: 6 miles + rowing machine

Having a tough week trying to make good food choices. I'm in need of a little encouragement.
  • tkrista81
    Options
    Reached the 10 miles and only 60 squats. What about this week?