Anyone doing cardio other than the suggested DVD?

Options
workout_junkee
workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
Is any anyone doing something different than the suggested DVD? I have a 10k slated in a couple months and a half marathon this fall. I really don't want to take 90 days off from running. I plan to replace the cardio DVDs with running. Is anyone else doing. Different type of cardio? I had to change my rest day too. Hopefully his is not to much detour from the schedule.

Replies

• Putsockson
    Options
    Im still doing the cardio tapes as layed out and trying o jog 3 times a week. I hope to do my first 5k this summer! Someone said that jillian said its okay to do only 5 extra cardios a week I think and no additional strenghth.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had been taking an additional 20 minute walk or do the elliptical for some extra cardio after the workout. I did the Cardio I on assigned days. I am not doing the Cardio II because it's too hard on my knees. I do Tae Bo instead. I started WO 9 yesterday and there was no way I was going to get an additional minute of exercise out of me.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I got bored with Cardio 1, so I replaced it once a week with Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd. I'm half-way through Phase 2, but I still love Cardio 2!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am doing additional cardio workouts, pretty mucha a big mix between Turbo Fire, Insanity,Kickbox Fast Fix, Jogging, Swimming, and Cycling. I am trying to begin prep to start doing triathlons (although I am a VERY beginner so it will be awhile). I am loving the mix of workouts though! I still do the Cardio from BR as specified. Keeps my body guessing. :-)
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just started and am in the kickstart phase. Last night I did workout one and the next run in my C25K. I plan on keeping up with the C25K and alternating it with Jillian's cardio. One of my major goals for this year is to run a 5K, so I have to keep running.
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I still do the cardio Dvd on the days permitted and am also doing c25k. Want to do my first 5k in June!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that the last week of Phase 1 I got extremely bored with Cardio 1 so I started doing walk/jog intervals to replace the DVD's. Also went on bike rides to get my cardio in.
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do the cardio DVD and I also go to a Step class once a week and I run 1 to 2 times per week as well.
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    I have a few halfs coming up and just replace the cardio days with running. Been working fine for me.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I got bored after the first time doing cardio 1!! lol. I do Zumba on Mondays and Wednesdays and I plan on going to the track now that the weather is getting nicer and running bleachers to get my cardio in! So yes, I am doing other things:smile:
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I found that when I reached cardio2, that I can't do it. It's way to much pounding on my knees. I ordered the new no impact Turbo Fire. I love it, and getting a much higher calorie burn that JMBR cardio videos.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I am. I do zumba for an hour two times a week, banish fat boost metabolism on Saturdays and kickbox fast fix 3 other days.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am. I do zumba for an hour two times a week, banish fat boost metabolism on Saturdays and kickbox fast fix 3 other days.

Do you like kickbox fast fix? Are there weights involved or is it mostly cardio? Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow! I think I'll add it to my cardio days.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I go rollerblading once per week and take a couple of walks per week. I haven't been doing the cardio DVDs much :/
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I found that when I reached cardio2, that I can't do it. It's way to much pounding on my knees. I ordered the new no impact Turbo Fire. I love it, and getting a much higher calorie burn that JMBR cardio videos.

Where did you find the new Turbo Fire (low impact) DVDs?
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Found them...thanks!

Thus far, after kickstart week, I've been adding 1-2 additional cardio workouts (I do a video from my P90 set) and 1-2 yoga classes. I do these for fun and/or if I feel like I have more energy.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options

Do you like kickbox fast fix? Are there weights involved or is it mostly cardio? Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow! I think I'll add it to my cardio days.

I love the kickbox fastfix! !! More cardio, but a couple moves use weights. I love that it is brokenup into 3 20 min workouts so you can do 1 or all 3 depending on how much time you have. Its fast paced too, I like that.
  • 29SW
    29SW Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been doing Turbo Fire, as I feel that I burn more calories during it rather than cardio 1.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Hmmmmm......interest peaked.......and that Kickblox Fast Fix has me thinking too......
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me the exact name of the Turbo Fire Low Impact DVD? And which Kickbox Fast Fix are you all talking about: Jillian Michaels or the other one?

Went on Amazon and Turbo's websites and couldn't tell which DVD was the low impact one~or do you have to order the entire 90 day package?