LIfe After Body Rev

Options
lalfaro01
lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
I know some people have said they'll be doing Body Revolution a second time once they are done but I was wondering if anyone else is thinking of another program instead? I'm letting my sister borrow mine (she will start Phase 1 on Monday! After I'm done with it :P) so I wouldn't be able to start it right away. I was thinking of borrowing Insanity or P90X from a friend that has both (too expensive for me to purchase haha).

Any other ideas?

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do New Rules of Lifting for Women. I am getting a little discouraged because I still have this layer of flab on my abs. It has decreased by at least 50-75% during BR, but I want it gone! I want abs! I've been reading a lot about strength training to get your body fat lower and build muscle, so I'm gonna try it.
  • lalfaro01
    Options
    That sounds awesome! Yeah, my stomach and my arms are my bigger problem areas. We'll see how I look after Body Rev but I definitely enjoy weight lifting!
  • clange68
    clange68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was think of going either P90X or Turbo Fire. I will just have to see how much fat I still have around my middle as Turbo Fire is Cardio intense and hope that will get off any fat that I may have left. Just not sure yet they both are hour programs and will be easier to do during the summer for me as I don't work in the summer.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    hahahaa, my sister wants to borrow my Body Revolution DVD's after I'm done too!!

I'm going to do the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. I really enjoy lifting weights and I've been reading the book...the program sounds right up my alley!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Has anyone done the Hip Hop Abs program? I saw the Infomercial last night and it looks great for targeting the belly area, which seems to be a problem for a lot of us.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just got done with Turbo Fire. Before that I did Insanity. I want to try something different before I do my rotation again. I was planning to do Chalene Extreme but I may have to look into the New Rules of Lifting for Women you ladies are talking about:).
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. Initially, I thought I would do another Body Revolution rotation after this rotation, but I'm only in week 3. If I decide not to do another rotation, I have lots of options. I already own Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme and Insanity. I like the weight lifting aspect, so I'm hesitant to do Insanity (my husband is doing it and told me there's not really any weight lifting).
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm going to do New Rules of Lifting for Women as well, and I'm going to combine it with C25K. I haven't quite worked out the details yet, but I just started Phase 2 this week, so I've got some time to figure it out.
  • lalfaro01
    Options
    My mom has the Hip Hop Abs! Mind you, she hasn't done them haha. I did them a couple of times during one summer I was home and oh my God I wanted to throw up every single time. It's intense! Hmm, maybe I can borrow them from her.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I may do BR again because of the 30 minute thing. I will never maintain an hour a day program. I am interested in the weight lifting for women thing but there are a lot of exercises with weights in the Abs Diet book I have. Obviously, the diet part didn't appeal to me.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    how do you guys like chalean extreme? i watched some youtube clips and thought about it... is it more strength training or kind of a mix like jillian? i know you do heavy weights... also, how long are the workouts?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm another planning to do NROL but in the fall. I think I'd like ChaLEAN Extreme but definitely won't be purchasing it ! lol. In the 3-4 months until I can join the gym, I'm going to keep doing Jillian DVDs, BR, NMTZ, Ri30, etc. :)
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Has anyone looked into Les Mills Pump from Beachbody? It's a bit pricey, but looks really good, for a home w/o?
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I may do BR again because of the 30 minute thing. I will never maintain an hour a day program. I am interested in the weight lifting for women thing but there are a lot of exercises with weights in the Abs Diet book I have. Obviously, the diet part didn't appeal to me.

I did The New Abs Diet workout and diet plan last year and I absolutely LOVED it! I was working out with a personal trainer 5-6 days a week, though, so she coordinated all the workouts for me based on the program.

The diet was actually very easy to stick to because it was more like a lifestyle change. From what I can remember, I think he recommends 1500-1600 calories a day.

If I don't end up doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women I may do the Abs Diet workout plan again. I really like that it has directions on how to do the weights at home if you don't belong to a gym (b/c obviously I don't belong to the gym anymore...which is how I ended up gaining this darn weight back!)
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    My mom has the Hip Hop Abs! Mind you, she hasn't done them haha. I did them a couple of times during one summer I was home and oh my God I wanted to throw up every single time. It's intense! Hmm, maybe I can borrow them from her.

LOL! It looked pretty intense on the infomercial!! If you do end up trying it again, let me know what you think!!
  • Acaravello
    Options
    OMGosshhh I haven't even thought about life after BR yet!! Eeekk!! I'm thinking maybe Hip Hop Abs, I want that 6 pack!!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    how do you guys like chalean extreme? i watched some youtube clips and thought about it... is it more strength training or kind of a mix like jillian? i know you do heavy weights... also, how long are the workouts?

I've had it for awhile, but never followed the whole program. There's some cardio, but it's very weights focused (more heavy lifting for toning). There is some cardio videos involved as well. I believe the videos are a bit longer than Jillian, but they weren't an hour. I haven't looked at them in awhile :).
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Thinking about insanity. I thought I could rotate programs. Looking at turbo fire too
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I will have to re-visit my Abs Diet book now!
  • nursetrev08
    Options
    I have the hip hop abds. I actually had fun with it and my kids joined in. I stopped doing it due to a family emergency. I never got back into it. no wt lifting involved either, which I missed. All of use woman should be implementing some strength building w/ wts. need to keep our bones strong