Foods to enjoy, avoid & snack on

Options
From ""30-day Guide - with 9-Day Fast Start Protocol."

Foods to ENJOY:
apples, asparagus, avocado, bananas (in moderation), berries (blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries), broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, chicken (preferably organically grown with skin removed), cooking oils (canola, non-hydrogenated coconut, olive, sesame), cucumbers, dark leafy greens (spinach, chard, kale), fish (various coldwater fish), herbal teas - naturally caffeine free, lentils/beans, lettuce (all varieties), mushrooms, oranges (in moderation), peas, peppers (green, red, yellow, orange), radish, raw almonds, sea vegetables (kelp, kombu, hijiki and nori), sprouted breads or 100% whole-wheat bread, sprouts, squash, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, whole grains (including brown rice and quinoa), low-fat/fat-free organic yogurt, zucchini.

Foods to AVOID:
alcohol, artificial colorings, artificial flavorings, artificial sweeteners, black teas, chips, cold cuts (nitrates), coffee, cooking oils (safflower, sunflower, corn, peanut), deep-fried foods, enriched foods, enriched pasta, excessive salt, fast food, fruit juice, high-fat cheese, instant packaged goods, margarine, pork products (including ham and bacon), potatoes-white, preservatives, processed food, refined carbohydrates, shortening, soda pop, soy proteins, sugar (including brown, powdered and confectioner's), white flour, white rice.

Snack Ideas:
1/2 IsaLean Shake, 1/2 IsaLean Bar, 1 fibre snack, 2 tbsp. IsaCrunch, A few Isagenix Snacks with 8oz. purified water, 5-10 raw almonds, 1 egg, 1 cup sliced cucumbers, a small organic salad with favorite organic salad dressing, 1 cup of fresh melon blueberries or raspberries, 1 small sliced apple, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa, a slice of nitrate-free hormone-free turkey, 1 stalk of celery with organic almond butter, 3 oz. of grilled organic chicken, 1/2 cup of fat-free organic yogurt with 1/2 berries
5 hours ago · Like · 3

Replies

• k_marr08
    k_marr08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I'm glad I have a guide, but the way Larry was talking, this may not be an official Isagenix list and he may not agree with some of it. Waiting for him to clear everything up tomorrow :)
  • MMedeiros25
    MMedeiros25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe some of the contradictory food choices, and how long that thread was.... too many unanswered questions. Can't wait for Larry to post all the corrections.
  • ellamental
    Options
    The "rule" for our knife and fork meal is a "balanced meal" that is 400-600 calories. I asked Larry about his cleanse menu and he said it was put together from his weight loss plan. It's very restrictive, but it worked well for him, so he shares it.

This is from the Isagenix website: "Buy healthy foods and snacks (fresh, whole foods and produce — organic is preferred) and remove tempting, unhealthy foods from your home."

If you go to http://www.isagenix.com/us/en/recipes.dhtml you'll see recipes there. I don't think the suggestions match Larry's list though. That's why I asked about his food list originally, that and I don't want to eat meat every day. They do list tofu in the systems guide, something Larry does not recommend based on his readings. I also have seen one of his docs that does not recommend canola oil and another doc suggesting that soy milk is a bad alternative and not healthy (due to GMOs).

This is from the system guide: Besides junk food, what other foods should I avoid?
    Avoid heavily processed foods, processed meats, hydrogenated oils, alcohol, artificial colors and flavors, additives, white flour products (breads, crackers, pretzels, bagels, etc.), high-glycemic foods, NutraSweet (aspartame), coffee and caffeinated soda.

http://www.fit.org/cleansing/IsagenixSystemsGuide.pdf

Here's Larry's food options: Salads: Romaine Lettuce or Spinach, and add your choice of the following fresh vegetables: Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Spring Green Onions, Radishes, Cabbage, Broccoli (Wish Bone Bountifuls Dressing or olive oil/vinegar dressing). Proteins 5 oz: Chicken Breast; Turkey Breast; Cod Fillet; Salmon Fillet; Turkey Ham; Tuna in water; Ground Turkey Breast; Ground Chicken Breast, Vegetables (2 cups a day or unlimited) Green Beans; Broccoli; Asparagus; Spinach, cooked or raw; cabbage, cooked or raw. http://cleansemenu.com/MyMenu.html

I would consider Turkey Ham to be a highly processed meat, equivalent to lunch meat/deli meat. The Wish Bone dressing suggested I can't find on the Wish Bone website, and Wish Bone doesn't list ingredients on their website so I can't see what it's made of, although the sprays are soybean oil and corn syrup with a list of other chemicals (have one wasting away in my fridge). With no fruit, grains, beans, eggs, I am not sure I could follow that plan. It seems like a great "jump start" plan though, doesn't it?

So I'm glad I have a guide, but the way Larry was talking, this may not be an official Isagenix list and he may not agree with some of it. Waiting for him to clear everything up tomorrow :)
  • k_marr08
    k_marr08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for the explanation!! Very helpful discussion!
  • ellamental
    Options
    I just think a balanced approach to eating has the longest positive effects. I also think we're omnivores for a reason :D