On the "off days"

Options
Happyoceangirl
Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
Feel free to post here on the "off days" - the days that aren't official run days. Maybe it will help keep momentum building. :wink:

I'm a former Jillian-a-holic but if I have to do one more Jillian DVD right now, I might just hurt someone. :devil: I think it's just time for more variety and then I can bring her back into rotation.

For today, I think I'm gonna change into running clothes and head out for a nice long walk in the sunshine. Maybe I'll jog a bit, maybe I won't. But I want to keep building momentum. I lost my mojo for quite a few months and dont want to let it go again. :wink:

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Went out for an hour and 10 minutes, most of it was uphill. The hour was walking and I added in a 10 (well, honestly, 9) minute jog at the end. :) Burned 500 calories which I intend to "spend" on a tasty margarita to kick off VACATION!!! :):drinker:
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Sounds like that margarita is well deserved! Enjoy your vacation!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Awesome! Sounds like that margarita is well deserved! Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you! :) I had two. :blushing:
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my off day and i took my son swimming, i say swimming that means me walking up and down stairs to the water flumes and water jogging when he is practising his swimming lol, it was really busy in the pool because of the school holidays, but he loves it!!

on to week 2 tomorrow :laugh:
  • amammaa4
    Options
    Woo hoo it's my off day today! :)) One soccer game and one baseball game today. So i will be getting a little calorie burn in cheering for my kiddies and their teams. Everyone have a nice Easter!
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    spent the day with my family today, having a chill out with the hubby and our son x
  • amammaa4
    Options
    So I decided since the Y is closed tomorrow I should make that my off day. Soccer and baseball are over so I figure I will go get some cardio in.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Sounds like great rest days :) I am feeling lazy and could easily end up doing nothing but vegging on the couch, BUT, I went swim suit shopping today and, well, enough said. The treadmill is calling my name!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Off day for me today!
    I am doing a "Zombie Apocalypse" challenge so have to do some strength training to meet my targets for that, as well as some lovely yoga (I love yoga).

Is it weird that even though I ran yesterday, I just want to run again today? I know I should wait til tomorrow so I don't burn out but I'm just really enjoying it at the moment! Haha
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    Off day for me today!
    I am doing a "Zombie Apocalypse" challenge so have to do some strength training to meet my targets for that, as well as some lovely yoga (I love yoga).

Is it weird that even though I ran yesterday, I just want to run again today? I know I should wait til tomorrow so I don't burn out but I'm just really enjoying it at the moment! Haha

i know what you mean about wanting to run everyday :laugh: i have to think patience is the thing if i go out again tomorrow it's gonna hurt the next day !!, I am supposed to do day 3 of week 2 today but we are going swimming so may do day 3 tomorrow instead so i don't get too worked out !!
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I really want to run today too ;) Since I'm on Week 2 of C25K, I thought about doing the Week 1 program on my Off Days of Week 2 (confused yet?!) but I don't want to overdue it. I'm going to hit the gym after I leave my office this afternoon and do some strength training.. you can't be a great runner without a fabulous body, right?!
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    I really want to run today too ;) Since I'm on Week 2 of C25K, I thought about doing the Week 1 program on my Off Days of Week 2 (confused yet?!) but I don't want to overdue it. I'm going to hit the gym after I leave my office this afternoon and do some strength training.. you can't be a great runner without a fabulous body, right?!

Yeah that's a good idea, I should do some strength training but I really really don't enjoy it haha. I don't get enjoyment out of trying to do heavier weights - it's just not my thing. Hopefully yoga will be enough, and I could consider some pilates haha.
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    i'm going to start doing pilates/ toning with light weights in between my run days ie. run / pilates/ run/ pilates/ run/ rest 2 days.

Went swimming today with my little boy and just spent most of the 1.5hrs treading water lol
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    i'm going to start doing pilates/ toning with light weights in between my run days ie. run / pilates/ run/ pilates/ run/ rest 2 days.

Went swimming today with my little boy and just spent most of the 1.5hrs treading water lol

I'm pretty much doing that with yoga! Haha. I think it's supposed to be good to do something else on the off days to keep your muscles from tensing up too much
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    today was supposed to be my rest day, but due to my sis being taken into hospital i biked up there and back to see, hope you all had a nice weekend !!
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    was supposed to do a run today but the weather was terrible, heavy rain and wind and my sis is recuperating at my house so i couldn't even run indoors like last time so hopefully tomorrow will be the day, and my new running shoes arrived today :happy: can't wait to test them out !!
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    was supposed to do a run today but the weather was terrible, heavy rain and wind and my sis is recuperating at my house so i couldn't even run indoors like last time so hopefully tomorrow will be the day, and my new running shoes arrived today :happy: can't wait to test them out !!

Awesome new running shoes! I have boyfriend permission (not that I really need it) to buy new shoes and workout clothes so I'm excited to do that! Studying on top of work at the moment and only making time for exercise because it is so important - shopping not so much, so it will have to wait until after my exams!
  • amammaa4
    Options
    After much thought I am so sad to say I am going to take about 2 weeks off from C to 5K. All my pains are getting worse :( I will try and stick with Zumba and not jump and the ellptical and maybe slow walking and see if this clears up. I will still post on Thursday and check in to seee how everyone is doing.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    After much thought I am so sad to say I am going to take about 2 weeks off from C to 5K. All my pains are getting worse :( I will try and stick with Zumba and not jump and the ellptical and maybe slow walking and see if this clears up. I will still post on Thursday and check in to seee how everyone is doing.

Awww, I just saw this! You have our support to do what you need to do - I hope that this is what helps - being in pain SUCKS! :grumble: Hope you hang with us anyway, zumba and walking are still good workouts and I'm glad to cheer you on regardless of what form of exercise it is. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Yesterday (Tuesday) was an off day for the Cto5K plan... I bought Jillian's kickbox fastfix DVD and gave it a go - I really liked it. I did 2 of the 20 minute circuits. Then I did a challenge issued by one of my friends who lost her first 20 pounds - it was a 20 minute workout of some sort plus 20 pushups, 20 lunges, 20 squats and 20 situps - all in honor of her 20 pound loss. It was fun. So proud of her! :)

Today is supposed to be a run day but I *may* end up waiting until tomorrow.