Phase 3, Week 9 and 10

Options
For all things related to Phase 3, Week 9 and 10

Replies

• roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OOOOOHHHH MYYYYYY GOODDDDDDD.

Crabs are back - with weights. Those were the easy parts!
    I had to pause the video a couple of times because I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    OOOOOHHHH MYYYYYY GOODDDDDDD.

Crabs are back - with weights. Those were the easy parts!
    I had to pause the video a couple of times because I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Crabs again!? Oh no! Crabs WITH weights!? Double oh no! I'm going to cherish weeks 7 and 8...
  • roander
    Options
    Am I the only one doing 9/10? What happened to those who were a week ahead of me? I NEED YOU!
  • roander
    Options
    WORKOUT 10
    Warmup:
    Rock Star Jumps
    Up Downs with Superman
    Butt Kicks
    Alternating Push Kicks
    Windmills

Circuit 1
    Reverse Plank with leg raises
    Alternating leg jumps with weights
    Backwards lunge to jumping front kick with weights
    -Other Leg
    Tap outs - bent over tapping one foot out and back to heel of other foot
    -Other leg
    REPEAT

Circuit 2
    Curtsies with reverse cable fly
    Lunge Chops
    Deep Squat hold with weights
    Lunge chops other side
    Dumbbell swings - 3 jumps forward 3 jumps back
    REPEAT

Circuit 3
    Flying pigeon squat with bicep curl
    Squat jump with upright row
    Flying pigeon other leg
    Superman raise with reverse fly with weights
    Rock star jumps with weights
    REPEAT

9/10 is all about adding weights.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    wow... what is your calorie burn for these? i might have to back down with my 10 lbs dumbbells for this circuit. can't wait to start on monday!
  • roander
    Options
    385 yesterday and 376 today. Today was easier.
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one doing 9/10? What happened to those who were a week ahead of me? I NEED YOU!

I feel for you! I went on vacation and decided to repeat 7/8. Basically, I was SCARED. I'll be there with you on Monday. By then you will be a pro!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning Week 9 today!
  • rosentlc
    rosentlc Posts: 4
    Options
    How do you track calories burned?
  • rosentlc
    rosentlc Posts: 4
    Options

• theredcliche
    Options

heart rate monitor
  • roander
    Options
    I know I've struggled at the beginning of every new section, but 9/10 is really hard for me - not that the exercises are too hard, it's the pace at which we are supposed to do them. Sure, it's easy for all those athletic people to push through at that pace, but I've only been exercising for two months of my whole life! I AIN'T THERE YET!

She'll say to watch her, she does some complicated 4 step thing, then they only do three of them. I'm still making sure I'm doing it right, and it's over.

There's about five seconds max between exercises.

I can't stand it when she says "I shouldn't have to keep telling you this...but I'm happy to do it. We're doing shoulders, biceps..."

On the positive side, I seem to be better able to jump. Are my knees getting stronger? I still hate it, but I can do a lot more now.
  • theredcliche
    Options
    i just watched workout 9 to prepare for the morning and tried to do the dive bombers... i can't believe no one has said anything about those! they are so challenging!!!
  • roander
    Options
    I didn't want to scare you
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i just watched workout 9 to prepare for the morning and tried to do the dive bombers... i can't believe no one has said anything about those! they are so challenging!!!

EVERYTHING in workouts 9, 10 and Cardio 3 is a challenge!!! It's insane. I honestly think I'll have to do weeks 9 and 10 again...cause I just can't imagine 11 and 12!
  • roander
    Options
    I may spend a couple extra weeks on 9/10. I flaked this week and did some other things because I was frustrated at the speed at which you need to do the exercises. I'm going to let some of you younger ones pass me up. : )
  • sdsmom
    Options
    I started 9 today. It really was a challenge! I paused and backed it up quite a bit trying to get it right. I made sure I shut the door so my husband couldn't see. Not that he cares but it is kind of embarrassing the first time. I'm not exactly sure what that last cardio move was. Some kind of squat/roll/jump thing. I absolutely could not do that move without using both my arms and practically crossing my legs to get up. Very sad! I did 7/8 an extra go around so I agree with y'all. May have to spend some extra time before moving up to 11/12.
  • theredcliche
    Options
    I started 9 today. It really was a challenge! I paused and backed it up quite a bit trying to get it right. I made sure I shut the door so my husband couldn't see. Not that he cares but it is kind of embarrassing the first time. I'm not exactly sure what that last cardio move was. Some kind of squat/roll/jump thing. I absolutely could not do that move without using both my arms and practically crossing my legs to get up. Very sad! I did 7/8 an extra go around so I agree with y'all. May have to spend some extra time before moving up to 11/12.

i think they are called rock n roll squats or something like that. she does them in shred it with weights but you're holding a kettlebell at chest level. i have trouble with those too but i make a point to push through my legs. it takes me a while to get up too, lol.
  • theredcliche
    Options
    I didn't want to scare you

hahahah! craziness. workout 9 is definitely the hardest in my opinion. maybe 11/12 will be easier because it's the end ;)
  • sdsmom
    Options
    Thanks for the pointers! I pulled a muscle near my hip doing the curtsy squats so I hope that it will get to feeling better soon. :(

i think they are called rock n roll squats or something like that. she does them in shred it with weights but you're holding a kettlebell at chest level. i have trouble with those too but i make a point to push through my legs. it takes me a while to get up too, lol.