A few insanity questions...

Options
fothers365
fothers365 Posts: 59 Member
Hi,

I have just recently joined MFP after having my 3rd baby at the end of last year. I am currently doing 30 day shred as it is short and I can do it when the baby naps and my other 2 girls (4 and 2) try and do it too. When the baby is older and the weather is better and I can shut the elder 2 in the garden for a bit I would like to try Insanity. I am breastfeeding at the moment so don't want to take on something quite as intense yet in case it knocks off my milk supply when the baby is so small.

I have a few questions regarding it- how much space do you need? We live in a Victorian house so the lounge space near the TV isn't huge but it is knocked through to the dining room so I could always shift the table back a bit if need be. Does anyone else live in an older property and do you have enough room?

How long does each session take roughly? My main thing is lack of free/me time to actually get anything done so I need things that don't last forever or I will never get the time to do it in peace.

What other of the beachbody ones would you recommend also based on my above issues?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hey

you dont need much space its very adaptable as long as you can do the plank position and move sideways a foot it should be fine, month one and recovery week most days is around 40mins a few days its just short of 60 and one day goes down to around 35mins

anything else feel free to ask
  • Sildrae
    Sildrae Posts: 86
    Options
    Hello :)

Welcome to BeachBody UK for starters!

Insanity is a very good program, very intense too, mostly cardio but works wonders, you will be sweaty after it, that's fact! :D

Each session lasts about 40mins which includes the warm-ups, stretches, work outs and rests. During you can rest, and should rest if you need to! You need to be aware of your limits, push but not to harm! Space is ok, I have a small front living room where I work out in, you literally need no more than 6/7ft (I'd say this is more than ample) for width wise, as for forward/backward space, jumping forward and backwards, if you have enough room to do that, you're sorted.

Only one work out actually goes above the 40mins which is Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, which totals around 55mins work out time.

Not sure on anything past month one though, Dean might be the best to speak to about that one flower.

I'd also recommend checking out Hip Hop Abs which is what Laura is doing, or will be doing! Abbreviated to HHA :)

If you have anything else, please don't fret to ask, we're all here for one another and everyone will succeed!

--Lee
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is great -thanks for the info.

We should have the space then in the living room so that is good to know. I didn't want to buy it and then not be able to use it. I will keep an eye on ebay and see if it comes up at a good price and if not will get it from Amazon when I go back to work in July.

Hopefully it should be do-able time wise. I don't get much sleep at the moment but when that improves I don't mind getting up early to do things but I am surviving on about 5-6 hours of very broken sleep for the last few months. I don't think I can give it my all just now so will stick with old Jillian for the moment!
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    did you know if you go direct to the Beachbody uk website you can pay by monthly instalments ...nice option and there followed with a 60day guarantee - the P&P
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Hip Hop Abs at the moment,didn't feel I'd be able to manage Insanity just yet as I was very unfit & hasn't really done anything exercise wise,except walking with a pushchair since having my youngest who will be 4 in June. It's alot of fun as it's mainly dancing,but I do get hot sweaty doing it & am burning calories.I'm only on day 3 of week 1,so no noticeable results yet. I was reading earlier about starting with Hip Hop Abs,going onto Rockin Body(Shaun T's follow up to HHA) then Insanity. Not sure if Rockin Body is available in the UK at the moment though,as I would like to get it. I am hoping to build upto Insanity.