Hip Hop Abs

Options
LoopyLaura68
LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
Hey All,
I started this programme on Monday 9th April. I'm currently on week 1 day 3 & have to say I'm enjoying it,alot. This is my first workout programme from Beachbody,& the reason i chose it was because of the results that I saw my husband Dean(founder of this group) getting from Insanity. I too wanted to get the same/simliar results as him,but didn't quite feel I was ready for Insanity yet,as I'm quite unfit & a really newbie when it cmoes to exercise!
Can't tell you about any results yet,but will keep you all update on my progress.
Another thing I like with it is that everything is included in the pack: the two DVDs that contain 5 workouts & 2 5 minute bonus workouts,a step by step nutrition guide,6-day slimdown diet,measurement card,tape measure,workout routine calender & a results on the run guide to eating healthy at fast food places. There are also 3 bonus dance routines to learn.
There aren't any crunches or sit ups,you're just working out through dancing. You can also do modified versions of the routines too.
Laura

Replies

• Sildrae
    Sildrae Posts: 86
    Options
    Sounds fun Laura, I might give this a whirl at some point, though I'd like to do Insanity first then Insanity: The Asylum! Haha! :D

Bringing out the big guns for the war for fitness! :D

All the best on your journey flower, the results will come indefinitely! :D

--Lee
  • LoopyLaura68
    Options
    Thanks Lee,it is fun,even Dean said earlier that he wouldn't mind doing it with me,though he can't dance(his words) Think Dean has seen a different side to Shaun T in HHA :laugh:
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ohh ye i have haha hes like a girl in HHA ...ruins his hardcore pushy side lol
  • Sildrae
    Options
    ohh ye i have haha hes like a girl in HHA ...ruins his hardcore pushy side lol

LMFAO! I love the end of that hahahahaha!

I think I'll do HHA at some point, definitely, although I have to agree with Dean, I can't dance for my life, I can do the slow dances, where you're close, but to dance, I wouldn't know what I look like, though I know I can't dance! :O

--Lee
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    honest hes a diva in HHA lol

gotta say HHA has a catchy beat that you just wanna move to and its not so much dancing i see it more as standing crunches with pace
  • LoopyLaura68
    Options
    he does show you all the moves first & they're not that hard to pick up. *I don't have very good arm/leg co-ordination but am managing this ok.only trouble i'm having is co-ordinating the moves & tuck,tilt,tighten but that's coming on slowly.
  • Sildrae
    Options
    honest hes a diva in HHA lol

gotta say HHA has a catchy beat that you just wanna move to and its not so much dancing i see it more as standing crunches with pace

Haha, love that mate, love it! :D

I like catchy beats and I also like adrenaline queing and rushing music to work out with as it pumps you harder, so far I'm stuck with what's on Insanity and I like it, though I listen to Shaun doing his pushing to push you, I also try to push myself like a drill sergeant is in my head and screaming at me haha!

he does show you all the moves first & they're not that hard to pick up. *I don't have very good arm/leg co-ordination but am managing this ok.only trouble i'm having is co-ordinating the moves & tuck,tilt,tighten but that's coming on slowly.

They look simple enough from the adverts on the Insanity, I will pick it up at some point but I'd rather finish two rounds of Insanity first and then an Asylum, Asylum looks a lot harder than Insanity, I watched the Fit Test of it, looks amazing!

I think everyone has to get used to the moves in their own time, there was a couple of moves I had to do a few times to get used to with Insanity, the suicide, where you step a few times, touch floor, up core tight all the time, step a few times to the other side, crunch and touch floor, repeat :D -- Instead of stepping I was shuffling, but once I'd got the hang of it I was sorted ^^

--Lee