Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

CFV (crossfit victory)

AggieCass09
AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
I successfully did fifteen over head squats with proper form at 55 lbs today! Previously, I couldn't even manage one with the bar.

*pats self on the back*

Surely, I'm not the only one to get excited about progress like this?

Next move to conquer: unassisted pull ups!

Replies

• Susan918
    Susan918 Posts: 9
    woohoo! you go, girl!

i'm still hopeful that i will conquer pull-ups!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    way to go! I still only use a dowel for those.
  • rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    That's awesome!! I hate overhead squats. They are so hard!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    i moved up from the dowel to the practice bar today, 25# woohoo! :D
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    That's all very awesome!! I suck at jumping rope. I finally got singles going well and I managed to get my first double under the other day. It was a great feeling. Now I just need to figure out hand stands, muscle ups, and how to do pull-ups without a band. We get there little by little and it's awesome and exciting when we see success!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    2 years into CF and I still can't do a pull up. but my box doesn't allow bands. They are the bane of my crossfit existence.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    OHS are really difficult. 15? Great job!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Awesome work folks! Feel slow for just now seeing/realizing this thread had gotten started

Oh, I had one today! New and improved CFT (CrossFit Total)

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Awesome.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    I love those! Personally I think clusters and thrusters are HARD!!! I just started cross fit and Im IN LOVE. I'm seeing so much improvement after 20 classes! I look forward to conquering double unders, headstands, headstand pushups. I have NEVER done any of those. I never was big on jump roping, even as a kid.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Oh... and YES UNASSISTED PULL UPS. I cant wait to do a set of 10. I need like all the rubberbands to help me up there. LOL.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Congrats!! I managed to do kipping pullups the other day...next on my list is dead hang! (yeah its backwards, but oh well!)
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Awesome job everyone!

I get really stoked about my accomplishments, even though they may be small in comparison, they mean something to me. I've just recently progressd to big girl pushups after never being able to do a single one. That excitement is what I use to keep building.

Keep on being proud!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    there is a lot of greatness happening in this thread! Way to go...each of these steps is huge to the individual!

My victory today was outside of crossfit but directly a result of it...

during hot yoga i did ALL of the bazillion chaturangas and planks chest-to-deck on hands and toes with my elbows pinched by my side...no cheating whatsoever! This was a frikin first!

*pats self on back*

lets keep the good stuff coming...
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    I'm on a roll with CFV's at the moment, I'm still new to CF so obviously I'm still in the initial steep learning curve but in the last couple of weeks I've learned the technique for clean and jerk, and snatch, just need to work on upping the weight on those now. Plus I learned double unders, not doing so well on them but managed 5 in a row today before I smacked myself round the legs with the rope :laugh: HSPU's are still my dream though, watching the girls do them at the games is so inspiring and I can picture myself doing them in my head, trouble is I get upside down and realise I weigh a ton! I'm much stronger at pulling my weight overhead than pushing as I can do pullups though. Has anyone got any tips to share on progression to HSPU that worked for them? I know you can start with feet on a box in a sort of pike position, do negatives help as well?
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    In our WOD with 20 overhead squats my coach said "You're overhead squats are looking GREAT! That is a really good move for you!"

Granted we were using light weights, but I was able to go below parallel and was super psyched!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    strict HSPU's!!! Two of them! (finally)
  • yvonnej1

wow awesome (and I'm jealous!) how long have you been working on them?
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member

wow awesome (and I'm jealous!) how long have you been working on them?

well, I've been CrossFitting about 2.5 years now. Started out having to modify HSPUs with just regular girl push ups.... I got my kipping HSPUs down pretty well about a year ago. I just never thought to try a strict one until a couple of weeks ago. My coach and others in the box actually teased me a little for not trying, and I just felt that it wasn't quite the right time. But these last couple of weeks and months I have seen great increases in my HSPUs,I've been putting (45lb) plates under my hands increasing the depth I have to push from. And the other day I just kinda was like, well hell, I might as well try. It took me about 10 attempts, but I'm as bullheaded as they come and wasn't about to leave it when I was so close.

It's been a long journey to get to this point. I never would have in my wildest dreams thought that I could... next on my to do list; a handstand walk! HA! That'll be the day!

And thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Most important thing to take away from this... if I can do it, anyone else in this group can do it if they continue to persevere and not give up on their goals, small or lofty :)
  • yvonnej1
    That's a great point you make about perseverance. I remember when I felt like I was never going to manage a pull up but I got there in the end. I'm going to keep plugging away at the handstand holds for now just to get used to being upside down. I am too impatient sometimes.