What have i gotten myself into?

Options
Soniatantu
Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
I am on day 2 and I am ready to quit! Have the worst head aches and nausea ever!!! Please tell me why I should stick to this diet? Do I have to buy the foods.?

Replies

• KountryGirl4ever
    KountryGirl4ever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Trust me, this will pass... the headaches are temporary and a result of a lack of carbs. To curb the headaches, shoot sea salt; the bes way to achieve this without puking is place a couple shakes of sea salt in a cup & add 1 oz of COLD water and shoot it back, followed by a couple more ounces of plain COLD water. You may have the headaches up to 3 or so days, but the sea salt will give you fairly immediate relief. YES, you should buy the products and follow the protocol, at least initially. After dropping desired weight, you will be upgraded to Phase II where you incorporate add'l foods into your now restricted diet, eventually upgrading to Phase III, where you will eat not only your own dinner but your own lunch, with some restrictions, of course, until you graduate to Phase IV, maintenance. I'm in my 7th week of Phase I, and yes, I suffered a few headaches, but nothing that shooting sea salt did not cure. Once you get the carbs out of your body, within a few days to a week, IF you follow protocol, you will find you feel better and have more energy than you can ever imagine... all this for under 900 calories a day!!

IT will get better... if you have a positive attitude and are agreeable to changing your lifestyle.

Good Luck on your Journey!!

~Kelly
  • kelrun
    kelrun Posts: 12
    Options
    I too had an AWFUL first two days. I am in week 3 now and have lost 8 pounds. I am not too big to begin with (I was 140 when I started - 5'4"). As of Monday I have lost 6.75". So, yes it will work!!! Hang in there and follow the rules to a "T" and it will happen. Like KountryGirl4me said do the salt thing and make sure you are drinking your water. You are detoxing and it will subside. And yes, I buy the foods, but here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast:
    2 whole eggs, 1 egg white (salt and Pepper)
    Coffee w/ 1 oz. skim milk and truvia

Lunch:
    2 cups of veggies (salt)
    Pre Made Mango Shake

Snack:
    Ideal Protein Bar

Dinner:
    6-8 oz of meat and 2 cups veggies(salt)

So, I am only using 2 Ideal Protein products a day and I am doing well. Maybe a plan like this will work for you.

kelly
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It does get better. I've been doing this since September and have lost almost 60lbs. The first week was not fun! You should try different items until you find something that works best for you (taste and lifestyle). I tend to get anything chocolate (LOL).

I like mixing a 4oz of water with the chocolate drink and then mix with 12-16 oz of coffee -- protein latte.

Good luck!
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I feel like my stomach has gotten smaller and I don't mean the appetite idea....I am still getting the headaches but I am trying to stick to it. I will be going in to get weighed on Tuesday. At the last weigh in I was 187 but I feel a bit lighter...I would love to lose 50-60 lbs....I need to change my outlook on the diet it because this entire week I have been thinking of ways to quit...or try other diets...I feel so frustrated and mad because at the same time I am like nope, this is temporary and this will pass...I need to stick to it...I am my own enemy...I just need to remember that its temporary and eat the way that we are intended to.
  • Kish617
    Kish617 Posts: 9
    Options
    Keep going the first 5 days for me sucked. I was hungry and had super bad headaches I tryied drinking water with some salt in it like they say it didnt help but I stuck it out and lost 11lbs the first week I am now 6 weeks in feel great im not hungry. Iv lost 22lbs I have 18 to go. Stick on it though it gets better and you will start to feel great.
    DONT cheat !!!

Its not worth it BTW
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right... "I need to change my outlook on the diet"...

The most important factor in ANY diet is your resolve to making it work. Give yourself a chance! I'm sure it will get better in the next week. And you'll be really jazzed when you find out how much you've lost!

Let us know how you do...