Super Pumped After Doctor Visit!

Options
Just went back to the doctor since my Type 2 diagnosis on 3/7/12. I have lost 15 pounds and my A1C dropped from 7.6% to 6.0%! I have a long way to go, but it felt beyond good to hear those numbers!!!!

Replies

• dewaynechapman
    dewaynechapman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job! I go back in June from my visit in January. I was at 9.1 and that's when I started MFP. Anxious to see what it is in June since I have dropped 15 pounds since that last visit.
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    it feels great dont it to see results..mine went from an 11 to 6.8

yeah us

mo:smile:
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nice!! At my original diagnosis I was at 10.9, got it down to 7.8 at my 3 month checkup, then 5.8 at my last two visits. I'm not quite at a year, 2 more months for that, but most of my meds are gone too. Congrats on your continued success and good luck!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all! Mine went from 6.8 in November to 6.3 in March. I was able to reduce my met to 500 twice a day and I'm hoping with the next set of labs, I'll be able to get off of it. Best of luck to everyone. Keep eating healthy and exercising. :)
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Way to go! It always feels good to get good results! Keep up what you're doing. I've gone from a 6.5 to a 6.0 to a 6.3. It's a roller coaster ride but I had a bunch of stressful things happening before the last test. Hoping to get mine back to at least 6.0 for next test.
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Keep going.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You've really done well! Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to my latest results next Monday. Started out at 13.6 last May, 7.9 in July, 6.0 in Oct. Hoping for 6.0 or lower this time, then hopefully will start getting off some of the meds. Currently on Metforim 1000 mg /day and Victoza 1.2 mg /day.
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks to all for the nice comments! I would also like to say nice work to all of you as many have posted excellent progress as well.
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    Wow! Congrats and keep up the great work. :)
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had good news today too...A1c went from 9.6 mid Jan when I diagnosed to 6.3 today

I was very happy with thr results!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I had good news today too...A1c went from 9.6 mid Jan when I diagnosed to 6.3 today

That's wonderful! Great job!
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options

Congratulations! That is a huge swing for the better. Keep it up.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! I hope I do as well at my next Dr. appointment.
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is some fantastic progress-- great work! :laugh: :happy:
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • Gloria415
    Gloria415 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button to like all of the post above.
    Great job. I have been working at my weight loss for a little over a month and go back to get more blood work at the beginning of May, I hope I do as good as you.