When do you SHRED?

Options
Hello all,

Just wondering when you guys like to shred? Early morning? After work? In the evening?

During my first attempt with 30DS I would do the workouts first thing after I got home from work. Since starting this round (day 5), I have been doing them in the morning before work. I have mixed feelings about the pros and cons of both options. On the one hand, I LOVE being done with the shred by the time I go to work, I have lots of energy and feel motivated to move throughout the day. On the other hand, I kind of feel like when I did it in the afternoon, I gave it more of my all, whereas in the morning I often feel a need to save myself because I am feeling a lot of soreness throughout the workday. I usually do some other basic cardio during my day (I take a mile brisk walk on my lunch and bike to work if the weather is good) so I am trying to figure out if I should do a brisk walk in the morning and shred after work or vice versa.

What works for you guys?

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I get up around 6:00 in the morning and do it. That's the only time I can do it without my kids interrupting! I also try to get something else in during the day...a walk at lunch time or tonight I'm going to try to get some time on my recumbent stationary bike.
  • triplemintx
    Options
    I have been doing it in the evening for the last 14days- decided there was just not enough time to take my walk/jog in the evening so started shred this morning at 5:30 :sad: it was very, very, very hard getting up..I'm not sure if it will work out or not, mostly because I was so tired. I guess you could say I half assed it..
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In the morning so far. I am a SAHM, with an ebay and etsy business so I can work at my own pace with my own hours.
  • michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am starting it on Monday. How long does it take? That will determine on whether I do it morning or night. I have an 8 month old and I am a school teacher so to get him to the babysitter before work, I get up around 5:15 and leave the house around 6AM.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am starting it on Monday. How long does it take? That will determine on whether I do it morning or night. I have an 8 month old and I am a school teacher so to get him to the babysitter before work, I get up around 5:15 and leave the house around 6AM.

It takes about 25 minutes
  • kgblandin
    Options
    Mine came in the mail today and I'm starting it as soon as I get home from work. It'll probably be the norm for me- I have about an hour between work and school so it'll be perfect.
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do it as soon as I get home from work. If I sit on the couch, it's all over. The good thing is that it's only 25 min, so it's hard not to do it. Last night I bought a frozen pizza. I preheated the oven while I worked out, stuck it in when I was done and it was ready by the time I got out of my shower. So I went to the store, worked out, baked a pizza and showered all before 7:00.
  • jplentl
    jplentl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and I did it right after work. I think it was the longest 25 minutes of my life. Ha ha ha :laugh: I think this is the perfect time for me. I get home around 5:30PM so, we end up eating dinner around 6:15PM - 6:30PM. I would love to have enough will power to get up early in the AM to do it and then do cardio in the evenings, but I am a realist and KNOW I would half-*kitten* it.
  • bastokes88
    Options
    I did it in the afternoon for the first time this round and I really liked it. I don't know if it was because it's day five and my body has adjusted, but I felt like I was able to go a lot harder at the workout. I worry about putting it off to the afternoon because then it is so easy to continue to put off, but I really prefer the feeling of shredding in the afternoon. In the early morning, I dread the shred, but when I come home from work I'm almost excited for it.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I try to work out around 11 am or noon, when I'm done with my house chores. I don't like to work out after those hours, because after my shower, I get ready, put on make up (I'm a big make up fan) and got out to the bank, supermarket, etc, and come back and play my videogames :D
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I always shred around 8-9pm. Then I can relax in the bath and cleanse before bed :)
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only started the shred today but I aim to do it at 7.45ish in the morning before my very active 2 year old wakes up! If I left it until later on in the day I might not get the opportunity to do it undisturbed!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I only started the shred today but I aim to do it at 7.45ish in the morning before my very active 2 year old wakes up! If I left it until later on in the day I might not get the opportunity to do it undisturbed!

How do you get your 2 year old to sleep that late? I'm so jealous. :laugh: Mine is up by 6:00 every day.

I usually get up at 5:30 to do my exercises. I've only done one day of the 30DS but that's when I try to exercise every day. I am afraid if I wait and try to do it later, I won't do it.