Introductions!!

Options
Hey mamas! :)

I saw this group just started so I'll try and kick it off.

My name is Ravynn and I'm 22 years old. I have a two year old daughter named Matea.

I've been trying to lose the last 10-15 pounds of baby weight but dannnng, has it ever been a struggle. I'm with my daughter all day until I have to work at 5pm, then my husband comes home and is 'Mr. Super Dad' which is a total blessing. I only work part time so it's not too bad, it could be a lot harder.

As for losing the weight, I find meal planning difficult since I want to set a good example for my girl, but I always end up eating different foods and at different times. :/ Matea's gotten into a horrible habit of eating a lot of (healthy) snacks throughout the day. I'm lucky if I can get her to stay at the table to eat lunch. We do eat supper as a family when I don't work and my husband always feeds her a hearty supper in the evening regardless.

Exercise hasn't been too bad. I have an 8 pound free weight I use daily to tone my arms while she naps or is watching a television show. We go for an hour long walk a day when I'm not working.

What do you ladies do for exercise and nutrition? How do you cope? Any extra advice is always appreciated.

Nice to meet you!! :D

Replies

• cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Courtney, 25 year old Mom to a 91/2 month old little boy (Elias) trying to loose 10 more lbs or a size 4 which ever comes first. At first the weight came off pretty easy with a major diet change and adding some exercise, but at the this point i'm gonna have to make a major change to shed the last 10, I'm really struggling because my husband works 70+ hours a week and I work a regular 40, so getting any time to do "real" in the gym exercise isn't possible. Unless I wanna wake up at 5am! All I can do is at home floor workouts when Elias will let me, and Walking/running pushing the baby jogger which is fine, but on top of that we've been fighting a virus for a week and teething to top it off! I know sounds like a lot of excuses, I guess I just needed to vent. Will I have any time before he goes to school LOL? I just have to make it happen. Go
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hi i'm Kelcey. momma to a very energetic 14 month old boy, Riley. i'm working on the last 25 lbs. i have lost 130 to date since he's been born (1-20-11) currently doing Jillian Micheals Body Revolution. i'm eating about 1400-1500 calories a day..sometimes eating exercise ones back.. My son eats alot of snacks too...he's small for his ago so i figure i'll let him eat whenever, but i know i have to get him onto a routine...were almost there!
  • Akrapko
    Akrapko Posts: 4
    Options
    Hellllo ladies!!

My name is Ashley, I am 25 yrs old with a 3 yr old son! I am currently looking to drop a few pounds but mostly tone up A LOT!! I have goals for myself, but have been finding it hard to motivate on eating healthier. I tend to work out 5 days a week for roughly a little over an hour a day. Running out of ideas of fun things to do so it's not so much 'work' that could possibly motivate me to further push myself even more.

Would love any feedback :))
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hellllo ladies!!

My name is Ashley, I am 25 yrs old with a 3 yr old son! I am currently looking to drop a few pounds but mostly tone up A LOT!! I have goals for myself, but have been finding it hard to motivate on eating healthier. I tend to work out 5 days a week for roughly a little over an hour a day. Running out of ideas of fun things to do so it's not so much 'work' that could possibly motivate me to further push myself even more.

Would love any feedback :))

Rollerblade=Fun?
  • Romain87
    Romain87 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Arian, 24 years old. I am a momma to two handsome boys Avery 4 and Justin 2 years old. I am Momma, Wife, Student, and work part time!! And in between my family life I have been trying to get back into shape. I have about 19 more pounds to go, and these last pounds have been the hardest for me to lose! But I am determined! Im excited to have joined this group and i wish all of you the best!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Mandy, 24 year old mother to Spencer (age 4) and patiently waiting for another!!! My bf and I have been dating for awhile and it's no secret to him that I am excited to get married and have another. Thankfully he wants the same. UNTIL THEN, I'm trying to finish off the 50 I gained with my son and lose about 30 more....About 45lbs down total as of now.
  • shaleigh07
    Options
    Hi Laddies!

My name is Shaunah, 22, and I have two little girls - Bree (2) and Kennadie (5 months). Needless to say, they keep me busy! I gained 40 lbs with this last pregnancy! I've lost 20 lbs so far and I want to loose the other 20 pounds plus 10 more. I just started MFP a week ago and I'm really hoping it will help keep me on track!

My biggest challange for losing weight and staying healthy is the busy schedule & breastfeeding that comes with being a mother. Breastfeeding takes up so much of my day (and makes me feel hungry all the time!) And with two little ones, the only "me time" I get is durning my 15 minute shower! Hopefully, having other moms to talk to will help relieve some of this stress... And maybe i can learn some pointers too! :-)
  • atn0088
    atn0088 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am also a mom to a six month old, working full time and going to school!
  • Azzne
    Azzne Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Nicole and I am 24. My three daughters are aged 7, 4, and 2... so I am pretty busy. My four year old has recently been diagnosed with Intractable Epilepsy and I decided to get healthier so I could have the energy to keep up with her and all of the other needs of single parenting. (Even given up soda.. down from 2 liters a day with 5 days since my last withdrawal symptom and three weeks since my last soda! Lost 10 lbs from it to boot..) I have been let go from work but I have been accepted into PTA school for this fall. I look forward to sharing some of my journey with all of you and hope we can gain inspiration from each other!
  • jquinones723
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Jovanna,21, and have an 8month old son name Braxtyn. I work full time and come home and take care of my family. Before i got pregnant i weighed 120, when i had my son i weigh 150. After i returned to work and started a workout called "INSANITY" and dieting i am down to 110. I started a new job about 5months ago and it is soo physical and keeps me very active. I have no motivation to workout anymore or to loose any more weight.. My Fiance works out also hes into lifting he is my motivation to keep active and i want to continue to loose weight, but im soo tired all the time! I want to get down to 100lbs. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Ladies and hope to become close to u all!
  • KErway2329
    KErway2329 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Kelley, I'm 22 years old from Arkansas. I have two BEAUTIFUL little princesses, Summer (2) and Holly (10 months). I was lucky enough not to gain really any weight while pregnant with Summer, but I gained 50 lbs while pregnant with Holly. My second pregnancy was really hard on me. I couldn't be very active at all, went through a lot of difficulties. The inactivity for nearly 9 months really affected my habits after the pregnancy too. Basically, I'm lazy now. haha I try to exercise but each time I do anything that requires me to be up for more than a few minutes wears me out very quickly. I'm hoping I can get past this rut soon, and get back into the shape I was before, when I was running alot.
    Wish you all the best of luck on your journeys!!
  • ericadudas1
    ericadudas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I have recently started South Beach diet (started on Monday). I have already lost 3 pounds in 4 days! The claim is 8-12 pounds in the first 2 weeks, and I certainly believe it. I would check it out. It is an easy concept to follow.

I have a med ball that I like to do ab exercises with. You can also do it with a free weight. Try sitting on the ground, knees bended. Hold the weight in both hands and slowly, with control, twist to the right. Come to the center. Repeat on the left. I saw this on the Insanity "Cardio Abs" dvd that I have. A lot of the twisting exercises, like bicycles, are easy to integrate with weights and really work the entire core and body!

I am blogging my progress and posting recipes that I like, and my daughter likes, on www.fitmamaa.blogspot.com. Check it out! I have a protein-filled brownie recipe that is surprisingly delicious (and Harper loves) and the turkey chili recipe that I made for dinner last night.

Good luck! :happy:
  • Jillybean318
    Options
    HI! Im not as young as a lot of you 29...I have 3 girls, ages 3, 2 and 7 months. Ive been running and doing Jillian Michaels, insanity and p90x off and on (after each baby) for the last 3 years. I have lost 37 lbs since having my last daughter in September. Im a cardiac nurse and who is going to listen to me talk about diet/health/exercise if Im not in shape my self. ! Happy to join this group:) I have recently signed up for my first 5k race in May and am hoping to run the whole race with out stopping.
  • Kaelaharrington
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kaela and I am 21 years old 22 on the 30th! I have a son who 16 months old named Calvin! I really want to get in shape so I can keep up with him! He is a crazy boy and loves to run! I dont want to be the mom at the park that cant get up and play with child. Im ready to feel good inside and out!
  • desBourgeois
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm Brittany, I'll be 21 in a couple months and I have a 3 month old daughter, Harper-Lynn. I can't really use the I just had a baby excuse anymore.. at least with my boyffriend haha. I ate anything and everything I possibly could while I was pregnant and stopped counting at 75lbs gained. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 115, and then to 110 because I promised myself when I was pregnant that I would look better after than I did before. I'm trying to get most of it off before next December when baby will be 1 and way more of a handfull. My not number related goals are to get into a swimsuit by the time the summer is over.. pretty far fetched but I thnk I can do it if I go rreeeeeally hard. Also my secondary goal is to be able for the first time ever, wear a sexy halloween costume. I never get to go out for halloween and have never gotten to rock a really sexy outfit. This is my year! I've lost about 37 lbs so far, and I decided to get MFP to help motivate me and keep on track with my food intake and exercise. I'm doing a two week workout challenge right now, and after 4 days have lost 3 pounds!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ashley, I'm 24 and have two wonderful babies.

Jasper Griffin is 2.5 and was born Deaf and is a daily terrible two's challenge. We also now have a gorgeous two month old baby girl, Marlaina Blu. I gained back 62lbs with Marlaina mostly due to preeclampsia but have already dropped 27lbs and working on the last bit to get back to where I was. Comfortable and happy. Lol.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Stefani, Im 25 years old!

I am a mother of two awesome kids, Emmalyn who is 3 years old and Wyatt who is 1.5 year old. Both are crazy active and all over the place haha. I gained 30 lbs when pregnant with Emmalyn but it melted right off after her birth with the pumping and all. My pregnancy with wyatt I have not been so lucky, I gained almost 35 lbs but then my fiance and I decided I would be a stay at home mother because of the high cost of daycare which I find to be rediculous. Being a stay at home mom is something that of course I thought would be great and dont get me wrong I love staying home with the kids but I dont get much alone time for myself (NOT EVEN showers lol)! I also find that I sit on the couch way to much and I have now gotten myself into a lazy pattern everyday. I need to find fun things to do but also being in FL its already like 80 outside and feels like 90 most days especially if there is no breeze so I usually find it to hot to go outside. I have tried taking the lil ones to the beach recently but find that difficult with the two of them by myself. We play out in the back yard at times but I normally end up just laying out while they look around! I put a picture of myself up on my profile and my computer of pre kids ... 120lb me and in shape. That is going to be my motivation! I am currently doing a workout video and walking pushing a heavy double stroller. I started MFP 1 week ago and been doing ok. I have not weighed myself recently but was 170 when I started and would like to be atleast 140 maybe less. SORRY for the long post it was a vent and a hello at the same time! NICE to meet you all and we can do this!!!!!
  • MallyPie
    MallyPie Posts: 81
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Mallory and I am 25 years old. I have a precious son, Dax who is only 2 months old. I gained almost 40 lbs during pregnancy and only have 10lbs to go from my pre-pregnancy weight. However, I was about 20lbs overweight when I got pregnant. Needless to say, I have about 35lbs total to lose and then I will reevaluate my situation. I just was released to workout so I'm trying to take it slow. But in Dec. 2010 I ran a marathon and I am trying to find the motivation and get back in shape well enough to do that again! Good luck! :-)
  • jadecp09
    jadecp09 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jade and I am 22 year old stay at home mommy to my 9 month old son Jax. I have been married for little over 3 years. We have 2 dogs and we live in Oklahoma City.

I gained quite a bit of weight during my pregnancy. I lost about 30 lbs after I had my son. but I still have about 20-30 left to go. My goal is to lose at least 20 by June. my sister is getting married and I really want to be a lot more confident when i go by an outfit of r the wedding.

I also just want more energy and I want to be healthier. I was diagnosed with elevated cholesterol yesterday and that is a huge motivator now.

I look forward to getting to know some new people here! Good luck on your goals and I will see you all on the boards! =)
  • ValSquiers3
    Options
    Hi, my name is Valerie and I'm 25 years old...I have 3 kids - Korbin is 4, Hunter is 3 and Lily is 1. I had my kids so close together that I never got to lose the baby weight from the start. I have tried so many things, so hopefully this calorie counter helps! Happy to meet all of yall!