Treadmill speeds

Options
I have just started the c25k on my treadmill at home.

What speed would anyone recommend for the warmup, walking and the running?

Tonight I walked at 4mph for the warmup, 4.5mph for the walking and 7mph for the running.

Replies

• KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WOW! I walk at 3.0 and run anywhere between 4.3-4.8. You're a speed demon but hey if you can do it!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow indeed. My walk speed is 3.5 and my jog is 4.1. I guess it depends on how fit you are when you are starting.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are fast! I walk 3.6 and run at about 4.5.
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am slow right now. I walk at 2.5 and jog at 4. I'm working on building up slow with Lupus. Then once I am able to run the full time I'll increase my speed. :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great! I only have done 2 days. Day 1 I walked at 3 and jogged at 4 but I had to stop half way to do some extra walking before continuing, so day 2 I still walked at 3 but jogged at 3.5 and that was manageable for me. I have a lot of weight to lose so I am gonna repeat the weeks and take it slow.
  • kriztyn723
    Options
    On week 3. I walk at 3.0-3.2 and run at 6.0 but right before the cooldown I like to do 1 minute at 7.0 and it feel great!!!!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Week 5 - I am walking 3.8 and running 4.8.
    Each "set" I increase the speed. So the second group I walk 4.0, run 5.0 and the final I finish at 4.2 and 5.2.
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I try running outside, but I walk at 6 and run at 8 when on the treadmill. Now that might be Kmh...not sure. I know it's quite fast, but my goal is to also burn lots of cals...

I'm not sure about my pace outside, but I am positive it's much slower...when I'm not afraid to fall flat on my face from not picking up my feet off the treadmill, I tend to go slower...LMAO