Finally back in ketosis

Options
2»

Replies

• IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information everyone! I needed to get some motivation going and you guys delivered! Thanks Again!

I AM going to do this. Motivation is strong and enough to share. If you want someone who is totally motivated yet struggling and will not give up, then add me as a friend.

I'm adding you right now! I need more ketogenic eaters in my circle. It's how I took off 100 lbs., how I am going to take off the rest of my weight, and how I am going to keep it off for the rest of my life! I am working on my last 30lbs to get to my goal weight. That will put me at about a 135 lbs. weight loss. I would love the motivation and support!!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you right now! I need more ketogenic eaters in my circle. It's how I took off 100 lbs., how I am going to take off the rest of my weight, and how I am going to keep it off for the rest of my life! I am working on my last 30lbs to get to my goal weight. That will put me at about a 135 lbs. weight loss. I would love the motivation and support!!
    [/quote]
    Well, you got it. I would enjoy being your friend. thanks for friending me.
  • alabelle1
    alabelle1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, you got it. I would enjoy being your friend. thanks for friending me.
    [/quote]

thanks to you both for the info...
    I was in trace ketosis yest... hope i can keep it up- I am peggys friend but you can friend me as well for support :)
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was in such a groove- no hunger, steady weight loss, great energy, for over a month. Then I went away for a week to Jordan. I did my best, but had to eat carbs a couple times. Darn airline meals!

Anyway, that threw me totally. TOTALLY. For two weeks I've struggled with sweet cravings and hunger. I actually had my stomach rumbling and gurgling once last week, something that's not happened in so long. And I've been so lazy, I just haven't had the urge to move or do anything.

Well, as of yesterday I'm back on track, but I'm amazed it's taken two weeks to start feeling the "full" feeling of ketosis again, and to get my energy back.

Cheating really, REALLY isn't worth it. I wish I'd eaten nothing instead of that bread now.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i switched up my meal plan a little after doing some research. I had gastric bypass 18 years ago and wasn't sure how much that had to do with my current weight loss or lack thereof.

I happened on a site for GB that reminded me that I am supposed to eat protein at each meal. It allowed me to calculate just how much protein I need in a day. Turns out I need 128 grams per day of protein. Way more than I had been getting.

The other thing I found pertaining to GB patients and I suppose would also pertain to those who have not had the surgery, was that I am not supposed to drink any liquid 30 minutes before or after a meal. They say it gives you that "full" feeling.

I started including protein with each meal and not drinking before or after meals in the manner they recommended.

Sure enough, I could feel that fullness in my stomach that I had lost causing me to eat more. And the protein made my meals stick with me longer and gave me more energy. I started doing this two days ago. Today is the third day. I have lost three pounds. So now I am down 9 lbs and have 26 lbs to go.

I am amazed that those two changes actually worked that fast.