Day 9: Dead Ends

Options
newtitus2011
newtitus2011 Posts: 20 Member
Happy Belated Easter. I hope you had a wonderful time with family. This first of April has been good. Even though I did not meet my goal of 60 mins a day, using myfitnesspal.com this week helped with writing down my food intake. And I feel accountable to you starting this group. So when I weighed in today, I had no lbs lost. It was a disappointment. I thought maybe at least 2lbs, but nothing. But I tried to keep my spirits up. With this week's challenge of no red meats, today I decided to have red meat before starting the challenge. What a mistake! It is now 1:40am in the morning and my stomach is on a rampage. I feel so heavy. So bloated. So disgusted with myself. I ate too much of all the wrong things today and now laying down hurts as if a ton of bricks is on top of me. I hate feeling this way. And no its not only the red meat but I also had sweets. After a week of no sweets, I had a piece of cherry pie and chocolate cake. What was I thinking?! The past week, I was okay. Doing fine. And I totally crashed! But I needed this. I needed to see the difference it makes in how I feel and look. A few weeks ago, I read that hollywood actress's spend on average $150,000.00 on beauty and health maintenance i.e. nutrition, exercise, training, hair cut, etc. So as much as I want to look like the "it" girl, I first need to get right with my self and be realistic. I can make changes and good choices with the little I have because I have a big heart and large support base. I need to lean on what I have and stop worry about what I don't have. This week, lets take notice of the mistakes of the past and make better choices.

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you didn't see the numbers you wanted to on the scale but you are doing so well and making great changes and will start to see the results soon enough. I'm looking at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I remember being told when I started out that if u start a new exercise routine it can take 4-6 weeks for your body to deal with it and start to change.

Also, did u measure yourself at the start of your journey? I find that when the scalrd don't move much if I measure myself I sometimes see changes there.

Don't beat yourself up about what you ate yesterday. Everybody has bad days and it was a holiday. When I have a bad day where I go over my cals or make really bad choices about my food I think to myself, well this was only one day. And I think I used to eat like this EVERY day and I think how far I've come.

Stick with it. You are making all the right changes and we're all here to support you.
  • newtitus2011
    newtitus2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Claire594: Thanks for the encouragement. This week was a long, busy week, but I have noticed a difference in my pants. I will take my measurements this week when I weigh in. I need to listen to my body more. I know when I do bad, now I need to take my own advice and be more conservative and moderate with my meals.