Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Name is Jennifer .. I am 39 years old. I am from Upstate New York. I am a HUGE Pittsburgh Steelers and Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Playoff hockey tonight .. Go Pens!!

I work in the guidance office at a school district, went to college. I have the best 12 year old boy in the world. I was married for a billion years and have been divorced for 2.5 years ... well officially divorced for about a year .. long story.

I should introduce you to J #2 (He is from Pittsburgh huge fan of all Pittsburgh sports)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    My name is Maureen.....nickname Moe for as long as I can remember. I work in a construction office right now and am taking prereq classes to go to Nursing school-dream being a NICU nurse.

I am single because I got divorced after 8 years of marriage. Been divorced a little over a year now, and hoping love comes my way again :)

Maureen .. I didn't know you were divorced. You are so sweet, I can't imagine you will be single for long. Do you think you would ever want to re-marry?

Definitely want to remarry......can't imagine living single life for ever .......... but won't settle either :)
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    LOL ... J #2 sounds like a smart man! You should keep him!! Ha!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    But an introduction! I'm Christine, 21 years old, almost graduated from college! I love hockey (both college and NHL, go Blackhawks and Flyers)

You can't say college hockey without telling everyone which team you follow!

Nope you can't. Let's hear it.

Bemidji State!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm PJ, I'm 35 and live near Boston. Was in a LTR (but not married) since college and am pretty new to this whole singles world. Made a New Years resolution this past January to start dating and Single Peeps has really helped me built some confidence and realize I'm not alone, so thanks to all those who've been posting regularly along with me for a while now! Looking forward to the newbies coming out of lurking status too.

BTW, need MFP because I started gaining weight as my previous relationship took a nose dive... looking forward to getting back into my old body, but with a new attitude this time!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :bigsmile: Loved reading your intro's. Great thread Em/Kit/KT!!! :laugh:

I'm Anna, from London, UK. The 'Pixie' bit is because I'm only 4'10half" tall (short?) and I guess my ex thought I looked like a Pixie :noway:

I am currently designing and selling Kitchens and bedrooms. Previously, I project managed residential refurbishments. I have studied Interior Design and I have a passion for property and making a house a home!

I think the reason I'm single is two fold. Firstly, I know the exactly the type of guy I need in my life, and I'm not meeting anyone that comes close to him!! :sad: The last time I ventured onto a dating site, I seriously just met a bunch of freaks! :grumble: So I'm taking a hiatus from that method. And secondly, it took me a long time to get over the last guy who I thought was the love of my life :brokenheart: Its always more difficult when they end it and you dont really know why? (well, he said he was a confirmed bachelor.....yeah...whatever!...lol) And just as I was getting over that, I lost my Mum :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: So I've basically spent the last 4 or 5 years broken hearted!! Hard to meet someone when your hearts not really in it. And also I'm getting on a bit now, so I guess that doesnt help the 'dating pool' that everyone keeps going on about....:laugh:

Oh! thats 3 reasons then :noway:

But hey, I live in hope! :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I can't speak for all women, but my issue is weight related. I'm still not comfortable with myself physically, so my mindset is "why even try to get closer?" I know I need to change this though, which is one reason I'm on this site

This is my issue as well. The idea of guy seeing me like that really scares me. Before I lost weight, I didn't have to worry about guys liking me so it didn't matter. But now that I've lost weight, and guys actually talk to me, it freaks me out. I look a lot better in clothes than out of them and it scares me that a guy might like me but will be disappointed with my body. That is what stops me from getting comfortable. I'm working on losing more weight, but I don't know if that will help my situation or not.

In my experience, guys dont really care anywhere near as much as you think they do!! Everyone (well, apart from models, and even they are airbrushed!!) looks better in clothes than naked, that's what soft lighting is for!!! :laugh:

Nobody has the perfect body!! Ever heard of the expression 'bumping uglies'?? :laugh: So this should be the least of your problems. Work on your self esteem and build your confidence. Find the perfect guy for you and what you look like naked wont matter, I promise you :flowerforyou:
  • Steelheart7
    Options

I can't speak for all women, but my issue is weight related. I'm still not comfortable with myself physically, so my mindset is "why even try to get closer?" I know I need to change this though, which is one reason I'm on this site

This is my issue as well. The idea of guy seeing me like that really scares me. Before I lost weight, I didn't have to worry about guys liking me so it didn't matter. But now that I've lost weight, and guys actually talk to me, it freaks me out. I look a lot better in clothes than out of them and it scares me that a guy might like me but will be disappointed with my body. That is what stops me from getting comfortable. I'm working on losing more weight, but I don't know if that will help my situation or not.

In my experience, guys dont really care anywhere near as much as you think they do!! Everyone (well, apart from models, and even they are airbrushed!!) looks better in clothes than naked, that's what soft lighting is for!!! :laugh:

Nobody has the perfect body!! Ever heard of the expression 'bumping uglies'?? :laugh: So this should be the least of your problems. Work on your self esteem and build your confidence. Find the perfect guy for you and what you look like naked wont matter, I promise you :flowerforyou:

Aw .. totally this. You are so brilliant Anna! She is completely right, btw.
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    I'm PJ, I'm 35 and live near Boston. Was in a LTR (but not married) since college and am pretty new to this whole singles world. Made a New Years resolution this past January to start dating and Single Peeps has really helped me built some confidence and realize I'm not alone, so thanks to all those who've been posting regularly along with me for a while now! Looking forward to the newbies coming out of lurking status too.

BTW, need MFP because I started gaining weight as my previous relationship took a nose dive... looking forward to getting back into my old body, but with a new attitude this time!

I TOTALLY LOVE BOSTON!!! I went there a 2 summers ago and just fell in love.
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi everyone :bigsmile: Loved reading your intro's. Great thread Em/Kit/KT!!! :laugh:

I'm Anna, from London, UK. The 'Pixie' bit is because I'm only 4'10half" tall (short?) and I guess my ex thought I looked like a Pixie :noway:

Dang, you have be beat my 1/2 inch.......I'm 4-10. :sad: .........lol
  • pa_jorg
    Options

I TOTALLY LOVE BOSTON!!! I went there a 2 summers ago and just fell in love.

Well, stop back anytime for a visit!
  • pa_jorg
    Options

I think the reason I'm single is two fold. Firstly, I know the exactly the type of guy I need in my life, and I'm not meeting anyone that comes close to him!! :sad: The last time I ventured onto a dating site, I seriously just met a bunch of freaks! :grumble: So I'm taking a hiatus from that method. And secondly, it took me a long time to get over the last guy who I thought was the love of my life :brokenheart: Its always more difficult when they end it and you dont really know why? (well, he said he was a confirmed bachelor.....yeah...whatever!...lol) And just as I was getting over that, I lost my Mum :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: So I've basically spent the last 4 or 5 years broken hearted!! Hard to meet someone when your hearts not really in it. And also I'm getting on a bit now, so I guess that doesnt help the 'dating pool' that everyone keeps going on about....:laugh:

Anna,
    I'm sorry for the loss of your mother especially. :flowerforyou: And trust me when I say I can relate to the broken heart piece of things. My ex had depression issues that caused him to pull away from everything in his life - including me. He is a shell of the man he was and the whole thing still makes me so very sad. :brokenheart:
  • ahonea84
    ahonea84 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Amanda. I am 27 and a single mother to a 10 month old.

I am an office manager for a company in TX. I'm not actively dating right now but look forward to it when I've lost all of this weight.

Don't know what else to say, just looking forward to getting to know all of you. :drinker:

And I love living vicariously through the people with the dating threads. :glasses:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Just found out there was such a group! Happy to have learned about it, nice to have all the singles in one place :) I'm from MA....so anyone in the tri-state New England (MA, NH, VT) area are welcome to friend me. All others invited too, but really not looking to relocate or travel hours to meet anyone (sorry, single and no kids I'd be all over the map....single with kids is an entirely different story ).

I am single because I was divorced 3 years ago and let's face it, single/ working full time and full time parenting when not at work does not leave much room for a social life. I get out with friends now and then, but not really my thing to met guys in the bars. I tend to go about my daily grind and next thing you know, 1.2 and going on 3 years has passed since I've really had much of a dating/social life with the opposite sex. I would welcome it, just haven't met anyone with the magical chemistry thing happening.

Really loving this whole MFP site and the various people I have met along the way so far.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Anna,
    I'm sorry for the loss of your mother especially. :flowerforyou: And trust me when I say I can relate to the broken heart piece of things. My ex had depression issues that caused him to pull away from everything in his life - including me. He is a shell of the man he was and the whole thing still makes me so very sad. :brokenheart:

Awwww thanks PJ :flowerforyou: I still can't talk about it without crying and its been over 2 years. I'm in buckets just writing this!! :sad: It is, by far, THE worst thing to happen to me, my ex leaving pales into insignificance tbh.

I'm sorry about your ex's depression. Are you saying that was due to the loss of his Mum or?? I know that depression can ruin your life, and those around you, too. Awwwww, the things we have to deal with eh :flowerforyou:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm like wicked short,

I can hear your Boston accent all the way over here in western MA :drinker:
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Names Desiree I'm 29 have a 2 year old child and live near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My intentions weren't to come here dating and still really aren't considering how many times I've looked and found the wrong person. But if I happen to find someone with the same qualities and aspects on life fantastic..Or someone who can be a workout buddy great. Always room for wonderful friends :)
  • pa_jorg
    Options

Anna,

Awwww thanks PJ :flowerforyou: I still can't talk about it without crying and its been over 2 years. I'm in buckets just writing this!! :sad: It is, by far, THE worst thing to happen to me, my ex leaving pales into insignificance tbh.

I'm sorry about your ex's depression. Are you saying that was due to the loss of his Mum or?? I know that depression can ruin your life, and those around you, too. Awwwww, the things we have to deal with eh :flowerforyou:

Aw, so sorry. And no, I didn't mean to confuse you, the depression was not related to his mother at all.
  • Steelheart7
    Options

Anna,

So sorry about your momma!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Anna,

So sorry about your momma!

Cheers Jen :flowerforyou:

And I didn't mean to hijack this thread with a pity party!!! :laugh: So, lets cheer up and get on with the lovely introductions!!!! :bigsmile: