VICTORIES (scale AND non-scale)

Options
2»

Replies

• texasyarngirl
    Options
    Congrats on the thigh victory! I ASPIRE to get there. I HATE my legs and belly right now. HATE THEM. Want to shower in clothes hate them.

You're down 21 - congrats! It gives me hope that I'll see progress before I hit goal. I'm in some sort of day 3 slump :-) Sorry! Truly thought - GREAT JOB! Can't wait to see those "after" pix!
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    After level 1 (I did probably 7 or 8 days; I pulled a muscle in my back so I needed more rest days than I normally would. During 30DS rest days, I still tried to go to the pool and do laps, though) I measured myself and was pleased to find the following:

Neck: 14.75" (-0.25)
    Waist: 39.25" (-0.75)
    Hips: 42.75" (-0.75)
    Bust: 37.0" (-2.75!!)
    Bicep: 13.0" (-0.50)
    Thigh: 25.5" (-0.00, boo)

I've seen at least a half-inch difference in all but two of my measurements, and I'm only a third of the way through. Neato! :)

Why is our bust the first to go. Le sigh. :ohwell:

I also pulled a muscle in my back, but it was when I was pulling up my girdle shorts, so it healed pretty quick. :blushing:

If anyone wants my boobs, you can have them! I looked better w/out them. Mine just make me look fatter. As for the "girdle shorts" comment - LOL.
  • Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm almost back down to the weight my drivers' license says I am. :laugh:
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I was getting ready to go out this afternoon, but since I need to do laundry and my normal jeans are dirty, I decided to squeeze into an old pair...and surprisingly, no squeezing was necessary! I tried one of these pairs on a few weeks ago and they just would *not* button up, but they were EASY today! I have a little bit of a muffin top situation going on, because I've always bought super low rise jeans, but it's nothing a shirt won't easily conceal.

So then I tried a few other pairs on too...well let's just say my wardrobe is up 5 pairs of jeans :P Still need to do a bit of work to get them fitting perfectly like a year ago when I bought them...but this is an improvement!
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    I've been thinking about changing my username away from my full name (just because, hey, random internet people) - and I finally did so. My dad actually commented a while ago that it amazed him that I just keep going. I'm on a fitness journey, yes, but he was also referring to my academic work, my job, my research, my activism and my theatre work (I like being busy). He said, "Nothing gets you down. You're like a machine. I wanna be like you when I grow up."

So I changed my username to remind myself of my dad's comment. Why? Because, really, is there anything more invigorating than inspiring the people you love by your actions?

Total NSV. *\o/*
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find myself a little bummed that I can't do 30 DS tonight (I have a board meeting after work). Even though I only do it 4-5 times a week, I kinda miss it on the days off. Am I a sicko or what?!?

I'm going with "it's now a habit, a good one, and therefore it is a victory"!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Fitting into a size 12! A few months ago I was in a 16/18! And I'm able to do my pushups (girly style) while my 18mo old sits on the back of my legs or on my back...she likes to help :smile:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm ready to move up to 8 or 10lb weights, because the rows and bicep curls are getting too 'easy'.