Personal Power Outtages !

Options
Does anyone else in this ever-confusing peri-menopause phase experience 'personal power outtages' ....?? :huh:

I am usually an energetic person but there are times (like the last few days) when it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed.
Thank goodness I work from home!! I don't know how on earth I would deal with this if I had to get dressed/commute/participate in the workplace.

I've been diligent about documenting my good and bad days through this peri-menopausal stage - trying to identify some pattern or cycle...in the hopes of being able to mitigate the impact, but I have yet to crack the 'code'. All I know is that this extreme lethargy comes on quite quickly, my energy levels flat-line and my tolerance for ANY little frustration is zero. :angry:

It's been 6 weeks since the last "power outtage"...(the last one ended with an out-of-the-blue period)...

I have so many things I want to be doing! Not slugging around!!!

Any suggestions on avoiding/reducing impact of personal power outtages???

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal. I have days where I have hyper energy and get more done than I normally do in a week. This is usually followed by a "power outage" period when I wonder what the hell happened! I think it's all part of the roller coaster that comes with menopause and all it's glory. Mood swings, energy highs and lows, and the wonderful hot flashes - it's all "fun"!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It's funny cos I used to have them quite a bit, but reading your post I was trying to remember the last time it happened. It's been a while, I didn't even realize it had stopped. I don't know if it's because I'm eating clean now, getting a regular cardio workout or just past it, but it's definitely been at least a couple months.
  • Annec0911
    Annec0911 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Chic Peach - Good to hear you are feeling great - you certainly are putting in the 'hard yards' :smile:

I am going to force myself to do a Circuit DVD today...maybe if I get the heart pumping and sweat pouring, I can jump start my energy flow......
  • Annec0911
    Options
    KatejKelley...think you're right....I'm just having a bit more 'fun' than usual :grumble:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Definitely. In fact it was one of my first symptoms of perimenopause. I would have days of total depletion. It wasn't exhaustion. Just a total lack of the resources I needed for the day. We started calling those "in the forest" days in my house. I was in the forest, not to be hassled. Usually about 4 days before my period. Happens less now, because I'm taking better care of myself, but they still come on. i Like the phrase "personal power outage"!
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    When I was having these I tried a homeopath called 12 salts. It worked. It has a bar code so I imagine you can log it to be safe with your sodium.
  • katiegc
    katiegc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, and sometimes they come out of nowhere. I might be sitting in the car waiting to pick up the kids and I just sort of "drift off". Never used to happen to me. Consistent exercise has really helped me. This week I've only worked out a couple of times and I've had 3 such outtages.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • Annec0911
    Options
    "in the forest"

I can't even see the forest for the trees on days like these:noway:
  • Annec0911
    Options
    When I was having these I tried a homeopath called 12 salts. It worked.

Hmmm.. Interesting....I will investigate further...looks like we have a variety of 12 salt products down here...will discuss with my naturopath buddy.. Thanks for the tip Tanyaleigh
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    No problem, hope it helps you too!