You look different?!?!?!?

Options
pavshop
pavshop Posts: 48 Member
To date, I've lost 50 lbs. When I look in the mirror, I see a slimmer me (still with a lot of weight to lose). VERY FEW of my friends and acquaintances have said anything about my loss. I have not told many people about my surgery. However, what is really funny, is how many comments I get about my hair?!?!? "I love your new haircut." "Did you do something different with your hair?" "Is your hair getting longer?" "Wow, you are wearing your hair shorter!"

It seems people are noticing something different about me, they just can't put their finger on what it is. What are your experiences with the people around you noticing?

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I told everyone about my surgery so I got tons of comments along the way. I think your friends are being nice. To me, commenting on weight loss is like telling someone, "Wow, you were really fat, but now you look acceptable".

The comments will come and then you'll get tired of them and then they will stop and you may miss them. I do not miss the comments. I am thankful I started a new job after I got thin. It's nice just being known as being at this weight.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I wasn't shy about my surgery as well so I had tuns of positive feedback.
    But I do know a few people would talk to others behind by back about how amazing I was doing but didn't say it to me because they didn't want to feel like they were insulting me by admitting I used to be fat.
    The hair complements are safe for people to make because its letting you know that you are looking great with out them saying out right that you used to be fat...so its a safe way for people to acknowledge your changes. It will come and just accept that they see changes.
  • kim457
    kim457 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I look in the mirror and I still see the old me, Ive lost 77 lbs this past year. I tell anyone who asks that I had the surgery. I just seen my nephews today for the first time in over a year and they didnt know who I was lol
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So agreed ladies! I have lost almost 40 pounds (out of 100 total to lose on a 5'4" frame), and just yesterday the first person that didn't know I had the surgery walked up to me and said "Are you losing weight?" Of course now it is a huge compliment. In the old days when it wasn't true that I had lost weight I would have felt so badly if someone said that to me. My aunts and uncles said that to me at every major event as I grew up and I always felt so singled out as the overweight one! I think they are just playing it safe. No doubt they have noticed though!!