LC Fast Food Choices

Options
Hey fellow LC'ers! I saw this in the general discussion thread and thought it would be nice to see what some of you all are doing when you're on the road. A few staples for me....

Chipotle: Chicken burrito bowl (no rice, light servign of black beans), with sour cream, guacamole, hot salsa, lettuce

Chick-fil-a: Chargrilled Garden Salad

Pollo Tropical: 1/4 chicken kids meal, ceasar salad as side item

McDonalds: 2 Mcdouble chesseburgers - No bun

Replies

• bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-A: 8 count grilled nuggets with a side salad instead of fries, one CFA sauce split for dipping and as the salad dressing, and either an unsweet tea or diet lemonade :heart:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Arby's Roast Beef--no buns.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-A: 8 count grilled nuggets with a side salad instead of fries, one CFA sauce split for dipping and as the salad dressing, and either an unsweet tea or diet lemonade :heart:

Is there a carb content with this? My husband and I were just talking about chick-fil-a.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Is there a carb content with this? My husband and I were just talking about chick-fil-a.

The nuggets are breaded, so I would think so.

Also, the diet lemonade always makes my sugar spike (I'm a diabetic), so I'm assuming there are carbs in it as well.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

The 8-count breaded nuggets at Chick-fil-a has 11g of carbs with 1g of fiber. Apparantly they have a grilled version that comes with the kids meal... but I guess they dont offer it in an adult size. Idk. Maybe bsgkid can conform or deny.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Its almost always a salad - caesar or cobb - with caesar or ranch. grilled instead of fried/breaded.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hol up. They have grilled tenders at Chick Fil-A? I'm always getting the Chargrilled Chicken Salad but I would love to switch it up.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I always grab the mcdoubles with no ketchup add mayo..no buns.
    I also go to KFC and grab 4 grilled chicken wings..I never thought about chick-fli..i may try the grilled chicken tenders!
    Thanks for the info!
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love Chick Fil A !! Here is a great link from their website that not only gives you all the carb count but you can actually "build" a meal so you get a total of all carbs/sodium/ etc.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Meal

And the Diet Lemonade has 4 carbs/2 sugars.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh.....and their sandwiches can be ordered "Protein" style wrapped in lettuce !! Yum !!
  • Lindaj44
    Lindaj44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    zaxby's - Grilled Ceasar Salad
    KFC- Two piece grilled chicken meal with green beans
  • 86toronado
    Options
    -Boring, but I always get the caesar (no croutons) or bacon ranch salad at either McD's or BK. Once in awhile I'll splurge on a 3 piece tenders and share it with my DH.
    -A Taco Bell hard shell taco supreme is only 12g carbs, I believe.
    I wish we had Chick-fil-a here in NY. I would love some grilled tenders, or a "Protein" style sandwich!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love Burger King double cheeseburgers, no bun and no ketchup (I take them home and eat them with a fork with some Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup). Sometimes bacon double cheese burgers. SOMETIMES...a Whopper :)

I'm warming up to the Wendy's Baconator. They are not my favorite burger patty but their bacon is 100x better than Burger King's.

I get Applebee's "Curbside To Go" chicken ceasar from time to time. It's so very filling.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bump for more!

I went to long john silver for my mom..they offer grilled salmon and veggies! under 6 carbs for the meal if you skip the rice!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I usually do a salad at subway (but it'd be cheaper to load a sandwich and skip the bread!).

Mcd's breakfast, I took an egg mcmuffin and skipped the muffin.

Jimmy john's has an unwhich, that is basically a lettuce wrap sandwich. FYI for those that it matters, the cheese I've read isn't gluten-free.

When others have pizza, I've just eaten the cheese & toppings.

I've done burgers without the bun in restaurants.

Otherwise, I really don't have fast food very much.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nice tip on the Jimmy Johns Unwich. I just went and got one today and I give it an A+!