Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• blueangel20110
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda. I just turned 50 and live in Virginia. I'm fairly new to this site but I'm already totally in love with it. I can't stay off of it. I just found this group and I thought what a wonderful idea. I would love to meet someone to work out with and get/give moral support during our weight loss journey. I would love to make new friends as well so please feel free to me add me and let's help each other out. If in the meantime, I could find love again after 10 years, that would be the ultimate reward. I am true believer that anything can happen so one never knows :)
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tim, 34, from South Georgia. Unfortunately 5'8". I have 2 kids (10,6) and have been using MFP for over year. I have been a computer programmer for the same company for almost 14 years. I just started using the forums a little more and have found a lot of great ideas and great people over here. Definitely hoping to meet someone and someday get remarried but it has been hard to meet people down here.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    LOL ... J #2 sounds like a smart man! You should keep him!! Ha!

hahah I will tell him you told me to.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I'm a single mom of a 9 year old daughter Rylee. I love to sing and write poetry to name a few. so glad to hear about this group. hope to make many friends here. anyone can friend me
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello....I am JT or Jeff, I am 51 years old, yep that's right I said it 51. Thank god for genetics and a healthy lifestyle. I currently work for the Department of the Air Force as a Analyst and Police Tactics instructor. I am also retired Air Force, I retired nearly six years ago as a First Sergeant. I have degrees, in Human Resources, Logistics, and Health Science. I love to workout, cycling, running, lifting. I am an avid outdoorsman, fishing, hunting, hiking, camping anything outdoors I am for it.

My weight loss story...I have lost 75 pounds since Jan 2011, I started at 248 pounds and am now at 173.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I'm Ashley, I'm 25, and I'm in the military stationed down in Biloxi. I love it down here! I'm an instructor in the Air Force for computer networking crap.

I love sleeping, eating, fitness (of course), dogs, partying with friends, tattoos, reading, and going on adventures. My preferred workouts of choice as of lately are ZWOWs from Zuzana Light.

My heaviest weight was around 172-175 in the late summer of 2010. I joined MFP in Jan 11 weighing 168 lbs, lost about 25 lbs and got down to low 140s, then PCS'd here and got separated/divorced and gained a little back.. but I'm back on track! Back down to 147.. but I honestly don't care about the number on the scale, I care about how I look. My shopping adventure yesterday included lots of size 7 shorts and size small tops, so I'm satisfied!

Welcome to all the lurkers! lol
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am Marge and 42 years old. I am in the Information Technology field. I love to laugh, joke around, and to spend time with my children. I have been woggling for a while now, need to start getting serious into jogging. I also need to start eating healtier.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jovito, I am 22 and from California. I've used this site for almost a year and it's been a helpful. Right now I work as a medical assistant but I'm currently going to school to get a BSN. After that I am thinking about continuing and getting my masters and becoming a nurse prac, but who knows :P
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have been woggling for a while now,

:laugh: :laugh: :sad:
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm Jenn. 32. Michigan. Forensic Interviewer. Single (obviously). But I refuse to let that define me. :noway:

Just found out about this group today, and figured I might as well join. I'm not very good about being very active on here (posting/responding) other than logging food, but I recentlly joined the Zombie Appocolypse challenge, so I've been around a bit more.

Feel free to add me... especially if you're in MI or nearby. I love to have people around to keep me accountable!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Anna, I just have to laugh at your bumping uglies comment. It seriously had me laughing here at the office....OOPS!! :laugh:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am Bill a 6'3" 220 lb 38 yr old divorced father of two wonderful kids (9 and 7). I joined MFP in February after finally admitting I had been a lazy sloth for about 6 months. I am back on track and MFP really helps. I have met some great people on here and enjoy the forums and people very much.

I am single and have been for nearly 6 years. I have no qualms with it and have spent a lot of that time learning a great deal about myself. I have dated quite a few different people over those 6 years some for a few months and some for a long weekend. All those different situations have convinced me I dont have a type but I am refusing for anything less than being completely swept off my feet everyday. I deserve that and my future partner deserves it as well.

Hope everyone is having as great a time as I am and best of luck in your fitness and romance goals.

Bill
    Edited to say I live in South Carolina and am a Marine Infantry Officer and have been for a long time...about to retire and start all over with some new career as yet undetermined.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jim... 29 years of life so far. Living in Minnesota
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Lori - the username is a play on the German phrase "alles klar" but I appreciate it's very subtle and I'm quite happy to be adressed as Alice! I'm a 40 year old female living in the Cotswolds in England and I'm single because the last guy I was involved with was someone who I'd previously counted as a close friend of many years' standing - he really did a number on me and it's taken me several years to repair the damage and to learn to trust my own judgement again. I'm happy to report I'm just about there, though - joining mfp is the last stage of the healing process, I want to shed the weight I've been using as a suit of armour and I'm starting to take far better care of myself.

But enough of the 'bleh' stuff - I run an independent electrical retailers', I'm a hedgewitch, a voracious reader and I love most music apart from a lot of mainstream stuff. I have 8 tattoos, 3 cats and an extensive collection of crystals. I'm loving the community feel on here (I'm hardly ever on facebook these days!) and I'm really looking forward to getting to know all you lovely people.
  • shamrck44
    shamrck44 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Folks!
    My name is Erin and I am a divorced mother of a 3 year old, living in Massachusetts. I joined the site a while ago but just started getting serious about tracking food. I am happy being single for now, I sacrificed so much for my ex-husband that now hearing my friends talk about simple compromises they make for their marriages, makes me stabby. So I am taking some time to just focus on my son and my career, while I let my heart and soul heal. I have been working out with a trainer in a small group for almost a year. I love the things we do and challenging myself to get past my comfort zone. I have made a lot of progress but have a long way to go. I will do un-assisted pull-ups if it kills me!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    hi all...i'm lynette...a single mom to a 22 year old girl! i'll be 45 next month and have been on here since january...slow goings for me but i'm feeling lots better and enjoy being so active - which came as a total surprise to me! (-:

i'm in nc and work for the state here...i rarely use capitalization and love (!!!) and (...)...sorry! i'm absolutely loving mfp and lurk around the forums...i'm glad i stumbled across this single peeps group!

looking forward to getting to know y'all better...
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm like wicked short,

I can hear your Boston accent all the way over here in western MA :drinker:

I do have a thick accent so I'm told.
  • timnca03
    timnca03 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, My name is Tim, I live in San Diego where its always sunny, well except for today that is :( Im 39 and been single for about 3 months now after a 3 year relationship. I have 2 kids, A daughter who is 19 and a son thats 16, both who live with me 24/7. I got hooked on MFP because I am taking a nutrition class and the teacher recommended we track what we eat. I have found the message boards totally addicting and full of support and knowledge for weight loss and exercise. I stumbled on the single peeps and I am now learning a ton about dating which seems to have changed quite a lot over the last few years. Plus I can live vicariously though a few of you on how awesome it is to meet someone new. There is a lot more so if you wanna know just add me as a friend and feel free to ask away!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Lori - the username is a play on the German phrase "alles klar" but I appreciate it's very subtle and I'm quite happy to be adressed as Alice! I'm a 40 year old female living in the Cotswolds in England and I'm single because the last guy I was involved with was someone who I'd previously counted as a close friend of many years' standing - he really did a number on me and it's taken me several years to repair the damage and to learn to trust my own judgement again. I'm happy to report I'm just about there, though - joining mfp is the last stage of the healing process, I want to shed the weight I've been using as a suit of armour and I'm starting to take far better care of myself.

But enough of the 'bleh' stuff - I run an independent electrical retailers', I'm a hedgewitch, a voracious reader and I love most music apart from a lot of mainstream stuff. I have 8 tattoos, 3 cats and an extensive collection of crystals. I'm loving the community feel on here (I'm hardly ever on facebook these days!) and I'm really looking forward to getting to know all you lovely people.

Hey fellow Brit!! :bigsmile: Just to let you know we're going to organise a meet in London, if you can get down this way, would love to see you.

Sorry about your ex, thats just not right when they knock the life out of you. Glad to hear you've picked up the pieces and are ready to move into the next chapter :flowerforyou:
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Collin (not Cletus).... 39..... Single-father in Charlotte, NC. I have a 7yr old daughter. MFP'er because I wanted to make some changes to my body and got hooked on becoming fit.

Don't really know much else to say...