Don't Be Shy :)

Options
I'd love to know if you are currently using a TRX as part of your fitness regime or if you plan to start :) or if you are using a different form of suspension training.

Replies

• SusanSchwartzman
    Options
    I love TRX! I do it in a group setting 1-2 times a week. How do you input it on your daily log? I'm not sure how many calories I burn and how to categorize it.
  • PrimalSweden
    PrimalSweden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I added my training under strength, but there currently isn't a good way to add the exercises. I use a KiFit, so I could monitor the difference before and after training, but I usually get too into the workout before I remember to look. I may contact TRX and see what they suggest. If so, I'll post it here :)
  • vallesmines
    vallesmines Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't have TRX, but I have a yoga swing that can do a lot of the same things. Not doing much with it now, except stretching. I am currently doing a hybrid of P90X, Insanity, and Brazilian Butt Lift.
  • goodmanco
    goodmanco Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I made a homemade TRX last week, and I'm just starting. Can anyone point me to some good beginner exercises?

Thanks,
  • Rboch
    Rboch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had my first TRX class this morning! Well it was a Spinning/TRX combo class but wow I can feel it already, what a workout!! In love!
  • PrimalSweden
    Options
    I made a homemade TRX last week, and I'm just starting. Can anyone point me to some good beginner exercises?

Thanks,

You can Google TRX exercises for beginners and that's a great place to start. You can also check YouTube, there are tons of great videos to help you out too. =)
  • PrimalSweden
    Options
    I don't have TRX, but I have a yoga swing that can do a lot of the same things. Not doing much with it now, except stretching. I am currently doing a hybrid of P90X, Insanity, and Brazilian Butt Lift.

The yoga swing sounds like fun!
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    I've had mine for a month or so now. I am still trying to figure out all you can do with it by watching videos on line. I really wish they had a book about it.
  • goodmanco
    goodmanco Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the google and youtube suggestion. I found this one with ten simple exercises: http://youtu.be/fmhI_8wlm8I?hd=1
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I love my TRX I'm in the Navy on a ship off the cost of Africa space is limited, it provides a great workout
  • fluffy4u
    fluffy4u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started with TRX in Sports club, for few times a week in September. I fell in love in it the first time. Before that I didn't even know it. That lasted 2 months, it definetly changed my body. :) I stopped, because of some health issues. Now I'm getting back, once in a week for start. And still loving it :D It can be very effective workout :)
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    should get me bands etc on monday and I also ordered the 6 week dvd's they should get here by next week !! can't wait woohooo !
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I will be starting very soon, and I am so excited!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My suspension trainer is not a TRX. I actually have a Lifeline USA Jungle Gym XT and I love it. It has been my primary fitness tool for nearly a year.

I am also getting the CrossCore 180! =D
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just started using TRX a couple of weeks ago and I am going to start doing TRX classes twice a week. The trainer at my gym just finished up a TRX certification program, so I'm looking forward to it!
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't go all TRX but use it for certain exercises to suppliment my routine. However, I should say that nothing is wrong with all TRX workout routines! It is especially wonderful for shoulder work and ab work. When traveling hotel gyms are hit and miss so I usually pack my TRX so that I have absolutely no excuses. That's what's so great about it- it eliminates excuses and helps fill in any gaps in your workout.
  • thoogenboom
    thoogenboom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started TRX last week after doing strictly a bootcamp for one month. I was a little concerned that TRX would not give me the workout like I had been getting but I was wrong! I am just loving it and break a sweat every time. I like that the movements are controlled but also you can do cardio and strength. It is fun because it's not the same thing for 50 minutes, my instructor changes it up every minute! As a 51 year old trying to lose 10 -15 pounds, I have found it hard with dieting alone. I have to exercise at this point, because cutting calories alone was not working! So here's your newest TRX fanatic! Try it!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I love my suspension trainer. I'm sold on dual anchor ones though because I find I can hit my muscles harder with a dual anchor. Some exercises become less stability oriented because a second anchor point means less balance is required (and thus less core integration), but the fact is I can see greater strength and overall fitness gains with the exercises I can only do on a dual anchor system. It's a Jungle Gym XT.
  • Lifeguard326
    Options
    Go to the TRX forum, a ton of info on exercises & getting started
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Go to the TRX forum, a ton of info on exercises & getting started

Umm, I thought this was the TRX forum. Where are you referring to? I need some new ideas.