Does the soreness EVER END???

Options
ajz2010
ajz2010 Posts: 23 Member
I have started P90X a few times now and get through the first few videos. After the first about 3 days I am SOOO sore, that the thought of doing a pushup/pullup right now makes me want to throw up :-/ Does this ever go away? If i push through this for a few weeks, will I get LESS sore after workouts? Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• gbstruzinski
    Options
    Working muscles generate energy anaerobically. This energy comes from glucose through a process called glycolysis, in which glucose is broken down or metabolized into a substance called pyruvate through a series of steps. When the body has plenty of oxygen, pyruvate is shuttled to an aerobic pathway to be further broken down for more energy. But when oxygen is limited, the body temporarily converts pyruvate into a substance called lactate, which allows glucose breakdown--and thus energy production--to continue. The working muscle cells can continue this type of anaerobic energy production at high rates for one to three minutes, during which time lactate can accumulate to high levels.

About 30-45 min before your workout take a whey protein shake and some "no-explode" supplements. This will reduce your soreness. And dont try to be Tony Horton in the first week. Those videos are 50-60 min. My first week i was crying at 35 min.

After your workout try a recovery drink with amino acids (especially beta-Alanine and Glutamine). L-cartatine is great for pre workout too.

Good luck
    Glenn
  • mkgirl
    mkgirl Posts: 25
    Options
    ok so its been a month for me officially today. I still woke up sore today! LOL But not as much as first few weeks. Ibuprofen has helped me through some of the workouts! :)
  • jessejmes
    jessejmes Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes, it does get better. Finished my second round of P90X and I was sore like you the first few weeks. Stick with it!!
  • jessejmes
    jessejmes Posts: 16
    Options
    LOL, just do more stretching after the your workout and whenever possible it get better.
  • Laura82NH
    Laura82NH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with all of the above. Whey is Way Way Wonderful =)