Two days in a row?

Smuterella
Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
Is it a really bad idea to do 2 days in a row? I'm on week 2 and ran yesterday but feel fine, like I could run again today. Being able to run the occasional two days in a row would certainly help me fit this into my lifestyle more. What do you think?

Replies

• FitKate
    FitKate Posts: 169 Member
    I'm on week one and I plan on doing day 3 three of week one tomorrow and I ran today. As long as your body isn't hurting you should be ok. Make sure you drink lots of water to stay hydrated to prevent injury.
  • Tim249
    Tim249 Posts: 46 Member
    I went four days in a row at one point, then a day off and three more straight days. I didn't really plan to, I just felt good and kept saying "I'll just go out and jog about 10 minutes or sp," and kept running. I wouldn't recommend this of course, but I felt great after all of that.

Just listen to your body and don't try to push through pain if you're on a consecutive day.
  • theneener
    theneener Posts: 3 Member
    I ran two days in a row last weekend since I was feeling pretty good. I was pretty sore the day after but I'm glad I did. If you're a beginner, I'd stick with "listen to your body" over "listen to your mind" for running or else you'll end up with an injury that will force you to rest.
  • Smuterella
    Thanks!
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 154 Member
    I did 2 sessions back to back all last week, now this week I'm doing days in a row all week expect Friday. I have a 5K on May 27th, but started too late to only train only 3X/Week.

By next week, I will only train 3X/Wk until my run. So far I feel fine, not too much pain except my hips seem to be sore, but so far all else is holding up... The longer runs are starting soon, we'll see how it goes :)
  • Smuterella
    Well, I did 2 days of week 3 in a row and while everything else is fine my right knee (problem knee) is complaining. So rest day today!