Healthy Snacks...Let's Share Some Ideas

Options
Lucy_Monroe
Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
Here are a couple of links with some ideas for healthy snacks:

From Denise Austin
http://www.deniseaustin.com/newsletters/best-bets-for-healthy-snacking.aspx?xid=nl_DeniseAustinsMorningStretch_20120411

From Women's Day
http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/diet-weight-loss/50-Best-Snacks-Under-50-Calories

My absolute faves:

Sugar-free jello pudding made with 1% milk
Veggie Crisps (bought at Sam's Club or Costco) w/ salsa (4 tbsp) & nonfat sour cream (1 tbsp)
Special K Cracker Chips w/ salsa
Cold Bath Pickles like Clausen Spears found in the Deli section
Veggie Steamers by Green Giant (in either individual servings or 2-3 serving packs)
Kellogg Fiber Bars - any flavor
Sliced Cucumbers sprinkled with Mrs. Dash no salt table seasoning and pepper
Jalapeno Cheese Sticks
Activia Light Yogurt

What are your favorite lo-cal, healthy snacks?

Hugs,
Lucy
http://lucymonroe.com

Replies

• jenifer315
    Options
    My fav lower cal snacks would be honey greek yogurt, raw almonds, and key lime greek yogurt. They are all high in protein which is what I need.

I adore peanut butter cheerios as a nightly snack. I have 3/4 cup for about 110 calories. I am a peanut butter junkie and the cheerios give me that fix without doing it in a high calorie way.

Jenny
  • jenifer315
    Options
    Lucy, I love the green giant individual veggies trays also. I love the broccoli and cheese one that is only 40 calories:)

Jenny
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oooh...Jenny, I just discovered the peanut butter Cheerios. They are yummy! I too am a peanut butter addict. :)
  • isabellabishop
    Options
    I am loving laughing cow's wedges and serving of town house flatbread crisps. 35 calories for the cheese and 70 for the crackers. I love the rich flavor of this snack at only 105 calories.
  • Piper110
    Piper110 Posts: 8
    Options
    My favorite snack right now is 1/2 a serving of Chocolate Cherio's and and 1/2 a serving of the Multi Grain Peanut Butter Flavor. Kind of gives the taste of a Reeses cup... cures the sweet craving I sometimes have in the evening.
  • Jennabayleyburke
    Options
    Y'all are so funny with your Cheerios!

I'm against the grain, so my snacks tend to be Babybel cheese, carrots & primal ranch, zuchini slices & guacamole, and dark chocolate covered almonds for a treat. Or strawberries and coconut cream. Or marinated artichoke hearts. Celery and cream cheese.

OK, now I need a snack!
  • BarbaraJeanSmith
    Options
    My snacks are pudding cups, special K bars, mini Pretzel twists.......occasionally nust when I need to add fiber for the day. I have to watch that one though because I am tempted to eat more than a serving sometimes with them.

Also mini rice cakes...love the quacker sweet chili flavred ones.

I will have to try these peanut butter flavored cheerieos thay sound great.

Speaking of nuts..Emerald brand has some mixed nuts that are peanut butter flavored and cocoa dusted. These are great when you have a sweet and salty craving...and only 150 calories per serving.
  • redheadedwriter
    Options
    I travel extensively for my job - I love Pretzel Crisps (found recently in Charlotte airport - love the Buffalo flavor!). I also take FiberOne bars with me...but I have to be careful because sometimes the extra fiber decides to MOOOOVE me while I'm in transit or in a client's office, YIKES!

Thanks for the other great ideas, keep them coming!
  • BarbaraJeanSmith
    Options
    A snack I use to control hunger is cottage cheese and tomatoes. For some reason the combination of the two seems to reduce my cravings and hunger for a long period of time. Love this especially in the summer when you can get an abundance of fresh tomatoes.