hi...my quit day is approaching

Options
crazydv
crazydv Posts: 183 Member
Hello.. My name is Cris and I have been a smoking for too many years. My quit day will be this Sunday. I am nervous but I know that I want to be healthy and eating healthy and exercising isn't enough. To be really healthy...I need to and want to quit smoking.

I would love not to gain weight but while on this journey, I'm going to take it one day at a time!

Anyone who has been on this journey and would like to friend me and help with support would be appreciated.

Looking forward to being smoke free and breathing easier!

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Good luck on Sunday..you can do this! I am on day 80 and feeling good. I used the nicotine patch to help me quit but I've been off even that for a number of weeks yet. Despite going through some food "binges" I've really not gained any weight..."maybe" a pound or two but that's it.
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    good for you, i am probably going to quit tomorrow, once my current pack runs dry
  • crazydv
    Options
    Best of luck to all of us!
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am ‎1 Week Smoke Free -- Savings $47.86, 100% of Blood Oxygen recovery, 100% Sense of taste recovery, 7% Physical strength recovery, 2% reduced shortness of breath. I refuse to listen to the nicotene addicted monster within.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am ‎1 Week Smoke Free -- Savings $47.86, 100% of Blood Oxygen recovery, 100% Sense of taste recovery, 7% Physical strength recovery, 2% reduced shortness of breath. I refuse to listen to the nicotene addicted monster within.
    I am reading Alan Carr's "The easy way to stop smoking" and I am using the app "since I quit" .
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am on day 22 without a cigarette, 449 cigarettes not smoked, and $95 saved. I missed the bus to work this morning and decided to just walk instead. I would never have done that as a smoker. If you are ready and committed you CAN do this. Feel free to add me for support. It is hard but so worth it.
  • crazydv
    Options
    Thanks all for sharing your stories. I am now on day 2 of not smoking. WOW..this is difficult. I can't use any aids because of allergies. Hoping Day 3 is better than Day 2! I keep telling myself...I CAN DO THIS!!!
  • scapez
    Options
    If it were easy there would be a lot more quitters!

It will get easier with time...stick with it!
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It is hard and I've had some minor slips but never give up, it is so worth all the health benefits in the end.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.. Day 3 for me...
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey chris

my quit date is tomorrow, good friday

bricking it!!!!

have snacks ready though, am mostly going to have smoothies (green) for the first few days as each time i attempt i feel kinda sick

and lack motivation to eat

good luck
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm on day 71 right now =] It's completely do-able and you will feel so accomplished when you hit the milestones!
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you!! This is my 5th Quit in 2 years.. the longest was for 6 months, but my Doctor says if I don't quit soon and change some things (diet and exercise) I might as well just give up on life...

So Far, 8 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes and 57 seconds smoke free.

180 cigarettes not smoked.
    $26.40 and 1 day, 9 hours of My life saved. AND NO ONE IS DEAD YET!!!
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...my quit day is this Friday, April 20th. I have been a smoker for over 20 yrs and have tried several time before using several techniques and all have failed -- mostly because I love smoking. This is the first time I have joined a group, downloaded my quit app and am determined to make it stick this time. I have gotten in to the routine of eating healthy and exercising several times a week. Have lost a total of 16lbs...now the hardest part...quitting smoking. I love smoking, but I really do love living more...not being able to breath and exercise to my fullest potential.

I has felt amazing to fit into clothes I haven't been able to in a long while and seeing the transformation in my body.

I wish everyone here tremendous luck on their journey and I am proud of everyone who has quit the very difficult part of their life.

Continue to strive!!!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    10 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 58 seconds smoke free.

101 cigarettes not smoked. $27.50 saved.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You'll do it. It takes a lot of will power regardless of using the patch or anything else but it is easier if you use . The results are so worth any withdrawal symptoms or weight gain. I gained 10 pounds but it will come off in time. It just takes your body and mind time to adjust. Take one day at a time. Best of luck!
  • scapez
    Options
    10 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 58 seconds smoke free.

101 cigarettes not smoked. $27.50 saved.

Yay! You're back on the program!!!
  • scapez
    Options
    108 days
    2,160 cigs not smoked.
    $1,260 saved.

:drinker:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    80 days down for me...1613 cigarettes not smoked and $525 saved

You can do this..its a beautiful feeling when the cigarattes no longer have a hold on you!!
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    You can do it! I was a pack-a-day smoker for 10 years. Tomorrow marks my 2 months no smoke birthday! I am so excited and thrilled to continue my journey! It gave me tremendous motivation to continue my health goals including watching my calorie intake, eating healthier, exercising 5x a week and being on MFP!
    Read zenhabits.net on smoking for more info. He was a great motivation for me; p/s anyone wanting to quit smoking is free to add me for additional support!