Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friday update

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,060 Member
    I had a Quick meetup at lunch today. Not really a date We had coffee and talked for about 45 minutes. Seems like a nice guy although my guess he was lonely because he REALLY talked a lot. Lol. If i had to guess i learned a lot about him, but he didnt learn much about me. Mostly because he didn't ask. I felt like I was on a job interview - interviewing him! Anyway. Haven't heard from him since, so my guess I didn't impress him enough to warrant a 'call back'. . C'est la vie.

Supposed to meet up with another guy tomorrow same sort of deal so maybe there will be more chemistry.

I figure at least I am getting out there and meeting face to face.

Friday nite with the kitties and Fringe. <G>
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Hung out with the guy I've been hanging out with on Tuesday and he awkwardly kissed me on the cheek and I kind of ran away hahahaha. bar tonight but might be hanging out with him tomorrow??
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I figure at least I am getting out there and meeting face to face.

Friday nite with the kitties and Fringe. <G>

You slalom and like Fringe. You are already totally awesome.
    Hope tomorrow's guy has more chemistry
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    No plans. I don't even remember what going on a date feels like. I think I need to move to a town where men have eyes.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    No plans. I don't even remember what going on a date feels like. I think I need to move to a town where men have eyes.

Sigh. Yeah.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    didn't do much of anything tonight; trying to fix a problem with my camera editing software--every time I try to use it, after a few minutes it causes my computer to turn itself off. Tried installing an updated version, no go. Sigh. Spent the time I was gonna watch a movie or two on that...now I am irritated and going to bed.

Running group possibly in AM, unless it's raining too much. Then errands and an early dinner with coworkers to celebrate someone's birthday...then maybe out to my fave local bar to see a band I am friends with...Sunday don't know yet...probably use this as my recovery week from last week's 10 miler and just do a 5 mile run...laundry...exciting stuff... LOL
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Was supposed to be meeting fellow mfp peep as she is my area from interstate. But she piked. Booooooo!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    You can't say "had a weird date last night" and not tell us more..............

Lol, sorry, I'm trying to stop spewing my life story on all the boards :laugh:

I say "weird" date not "bad" date because the guy seemed like a sweet guy, just with some very strong opinions that don't match my lifestyle. We kept getting into sad topics (like he gave up rights to his daughter) and I kept trying to turn it around. But he kept bringing up every bad thing in his life. The people at the table next to us kept laughing at us. He later said it was because he didn't want to play games and I might as well know up front so I can leave now before I break his heart. I told him some things are best learned over time or in private.

He's put on a lot of weight over the last couple years and developed some other health problems. I like 'em big'n'tall as long as they're still fit, but it bothered me that he seemed to accept it as a natural part of aging, and even said “nothing you can do about it.” It told him I didn’t think that was true, but didn’t change his mind.

Absolute deal breaker was when he said that in spite of his weight gained, poor knees, and limited ability to do all the fun, outdoorsy things, he only wanted a "fit" or "thin" woman.

I don't do hypocrisy. You don't get to enjoy the benefit of my working out (almost) every day to have a great body and don't put forth a similar amount of effort so that I have something to enjoy too.

Oh, and yes, it will be a lot of crawfish. But I’m planning on socializing, not eating. :wink:

hahaha! Spewing your life on the boards is where its at!! :laugh:

Yeah, I'm thinking this guy is a bit of an *kitten*! You'd have more romance from the crawfish!! :laugh:

BTW would love to know what a crawfish party entails?? Is it at a beach party or something? Or just that you eat crawfish? And if so , why? And why are there so many of them? Seasonal?? :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Seems like a lot of full weekends. No idea what I am doing tomorrow, something with the kiddo I imagine. I may or may not have a date with a guy from pof Sunday night. Why do I feel like talking about it here will jinx everything???? lol

I also have a 4 hour 1000 Homes training on Sunday and then MTW I will be starting work at 4 am for registry week. Someone shoot me now.

haha! Good luck with this guy, you never know, he could be the ONE :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Met a lady on POF we are going to meet up on Sunday for lunch and who knows. Other than that just chillin with my babies.

Yay for dates!

Yeah!! Good luck to everyone with dates!! :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    BTW would love to know what a crawfish party entails?? Is it at a beach party or something? Or just that you eat crawfish? And if so , why? And why are there so many of them? Seasonal?? :bigsmile:

Crawfish are in season right now, so that's the big thing everyone's doing. Spicy crawfish (mudbugs) with corn and potatoes are the foundation of a crawfish boil, plus red beans and rice and anything Cajun. Pretty messy to eat, so to me it's more about hanging out with cool people than anything else.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Going out with my sister tonight. FWB is away. So atleast 2 other guys are coming out to flirt tonight. And who ever else we can draw to our table. Probably go out again on saturday night. Then Sunday with my babies....:heart:

So had a blast last night with one of they guys. And I will tell you he is the exception to my height rule. He has to be atleast 2 inches shorter than me. We ended up dancing and singing most of the night. LOL though I did have a couple of people ask me where FWB was at lol......
    My sister night did not go so well. She totally fixated on this one guy and when that didnt work she got bumed. :embarassed: Oh well shell get over it lol
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Good morning all!! My weekend plans include spending time with family. Stayed over at my baby brothers on Thurs night because we had plans to go fishing on early yesterday morning. Had a blast just hanging out and having a few drinks (thur evening). Super excited when I caught my first catfish (he was very tasty too...cooked on the grill). We watched a couple scary movies last night, and a comedy before bed. I didn't want to go to sleep with those last images in my head....the kiddos agreed...LOL For tonight, the boys will all be camping down by the river, doing whatever boys do. And all us girls will be watching the Twilight Series. Yay!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!!! Good luck to those of you with date plans.

Janiejack, WOW!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Good morning all!! My weekend plans include spending time with family. Stayed over at my baby brothers on Thurs night because we had plans to go fishing on early yesterday morning. Had a blast just hanging out and having a few drinks (thur evening). Super excited when I caught my first catfish (he was very tasty too...cooked on the grill). We watched a couple scary movies last night, and a comedy before bed. I didn't want to go to sleep with those last images in my head....the kiddos agreed...LOL For tonight, the boys will all be camping down by the river, doing whatever boys do. And all us girls will be watching the Twilight Series. Yay!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!!! Good luck to those of you with date plans.

Janiejack, WOW!!!

Yum that catfish sounds good!!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I say "weird" date not "bad" date because the guy seemed like a sweet guy, just with some very strong opinions that don't match my lifestyle. We kept getting into sad topics (like he gave up rights to his daughter) and I kept trying to turn it around. But he kept bringing up every bad thing in his life. The people at the table next to us kept laughing at us. He later said it was because he didn't want to play games and I might as well know up front so I can leave now before I break his heart. I told him some things are best learned over time or in private.

He's put on a lot of weight over the last couple years and developed some other health problems. I like 'em big'n'tall as long as they're still fit, but it bothered me that he seemed to accept it as a natural part of aging, and even said “nothing you can do about it.” It told him I didn’t think that was true, but didn’t change his mind.

Absolute deal breaker was when he said that in spite of his weight gained, poor knees, and limited ability to do all the fun, outdoorsy things, he only wanted a "fit" or "thin" woman.

I don't do hypocrisy. You don't get to enjoy the benefit of my working out (almost) every day to have a great body and don't put forth a similar amount of effort so that I have something to enjoy too.

Oh, and yes, it will be a lot of crawfish. But I’m planning on socializing, not eating. :wink:

I certainly understand why you wouldn't want to date this guy but I kind of feel bad for him. I've been to the point where I was packing on the pounds to the point that it affected my health and my mobility and I just seemed lost as I had no idea at the time how to change things and improve the situation. Even the doctors who told me to lose weight couldn't offer more than just eat 500 Calories less per day as advice.
  • JanieJack
    I certainly understand why you wouldn't want to date this guy but I kind of feel bad for him. I've been to the point where I was packing on the pounds to the point that it affected my health and my mobility and I just seemed lost as I had no idea at the time how to change things and improve the situation. Even the doctors who told me to lose weight couldn't offer more than just eat 500 Calories less per day as advice.

It's not the weight that turned me off. It's that he insisted on only a thin or fit woman (and even dug on me for having broad shoulders "well, your shoulders are really broad but I guess it's ok because you are so active that you look good") yet he himself has given up on losing weight and improving his health. That's smacks too much of my ex. The woman gets no excuses. The man gets plenty. No thank you. Sweet guy though, so I'm sure he's perfect for someone...just not me. They say there's plenty of fish in the sea... I think I'll throw this one back for someone else.
  • AnnaPixie
    They say there's plenty of fish in the sea... I think I'll throw this one back for someone else.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

It's not the weight that turned me off. It's that he insisted on only a thin or fit woman (and even dug on me for having broad shoulders "well, your shoulders are really broad but I guess it's ok because you are so active that you look good") yet he himself has given up on losing weight and improving his health. That's smacks too much of my ex. The woman gets no excuses. The man gets plenty. No thank you. Sweet guy though, so I'm sure he's perfect for someone...just not me. They say there's plenty of fish in the sea... I think I'll throw this one back for someone else.

Say whaaaa? He pointed out your shoulders?!?! HA!!! NEXT NEXT NEXT! Jerk.
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    Met a lady on POF we are going to meet up on Sunday for lunch and who knows. Other than that just chillin with my babies.

Yay for dates!

We treated it as a meet and greet lunch date. She lives about 20 miles from me so I met her at a restaurant near her. After having texted and emailed via POF all week, I was worried we might hit a wall in our conversation. However, we talked non stop the whole time which was about 2 hours and even continued texting afterward. We have a lot in common, she is very interesting, and very attractive, so I felt like it went well.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

Yay for dates!

We treated it as a meet and greet lunch date. She lives about 20 miles from me so I met her at a restaurant near her. After having texted and emailed via POF all week, I was worried we might hit a wall in our conversation. However, we talked non stop the whole time which was about 2 hours and even continued texting afterward. We have a lot in common, she is very interesting, and very attractive, so I felt like it went well.

woohoo! Sounds like an excellent "meet and greet" turned into a true first date. Keep us updated.