Meal Plan?

Options
hollyg123
hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
I was reading through my meal plan and noticed that it only allows for 1200 cals a day and was wondering if there was anyone out there who wasn't going to follow the meal plan but still do the work outs? I'm debating on just sticking to my calories that MFP gives me and doing the work out, and the more I read the guide the more I think I will.
Is there anyone else like me?

Replies

• crisfanning
    crisfanning Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd follow MFP since it was tailored to your specific height and weight, whereas the meal plan in BR is generic. You HAVE to make sure you are eating properly when working out! Of course, I don't even get 1200 cals a day, so I WILL be following her meal plan to make sure I am compensating for the calories lost in the workout.
  • slgirl
    slgirl Posts: 2
    Options
    I always eat extra when I exercise. 1200kcal/day is very little and to ensure that you exercise with all the energy you've got, it helps to eat a snack an hour before and I often eat additional or you'll end up over eating on the wrong foods next time. Check out my blog www.alightperspective.blogspot.co.uk and this will have a link to my food diary on on myfitnesspal :)
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm eating healthy, but I don't think I can stick with BR meal plan, since in order to stick with her meal plan i need to do a major grocery shopping every couple of days and there are some fancy foods that I've never even heard off :))))
    I eat lots of veggies, fruits, brown rice and buckwheat.. pretty boring :)
  • LadyAce2010
    LadyAce2010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd also advise to go with the MFP. I have not been following the meal plan, but sticking to the 1300 advised by my lactation consultant (had a baby 1/31/12). For me, sticking to the calorie count has worked much better than any "diet" I've ever been on, because I usally crash and burn as soon as the diet is over. And I'd swear Jillian's diet is the perfect set up for my free fall on day 91.
  • ttomlinson
    ttomlinson Posts: 22
    Options
    I am not following the meal plan either but am doing the workouts faithfully. I find her meal plan too restrictive with foods that I do not like or have time to prepare. I am going to keep track of my calories on MFP. Looking for support along the way. I am just starting this journey.
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am not doing the meal plan. I'm staying within 1200 calories here on MFP. I'm doing her workouts and still doing 30-60 minutes more of cardio each day as well.