Pedometers

MimerT
MimerT Posts: 195 Member
What are the best pedometers and/or the best pedometer apps for iPhone? I have tried several and have not had much success with them...............

Replies

• awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 247 Member
    I know the iphone 4 comes with Nike+ ipod BUT you need to buy a $20 sensor and either a pair of Nike+ ready shoes or a holder for it that attaches to your shoe laces. Its pretty nice but it doesn't count every step you take. I'd also like to know about the pedometers I've been thinking about getting one for a while because I am always curious as to how many steps I actually take in a day.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 650 Member
    I HAD an omron, which rankes pretty high for accuracy, but doesn't work with iphone. I have heard great things about the fitbit which syncs with MFP and has an ap for iphones.
    hope this helps.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    I have myself a fitbit and I love it! It synchronizes with MFP to give you a read out of your activity of the day. It also tracks sleep and floors climbed. I dont want to sound like a testimonial, so you should just check it yourself. Really great product in my opinion. There is a learning curve however. You will have some questions and things wont make sense in the beginning, but when you get the hang of it, it becomes amazing
  • Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    I love my FitBit... check out the FitBit users group for more info. It is addicting!
  • Mr_Cape219
    I love my FitBit... check out the FitBit users group for more info. It is addicting!

you are on my friends list for Fitbit, right???

you GOTTA be!
  • mjterp
    I have been researching bodybugg and fitbit. Fitbit is the clear winner for ME. NOW...is pedometer better than heart rate monitor? Or should we have BOTH?
  • Mr_Cape219
    I have been researching bodybugg and fitbit. Fitbit is the clear winner for ME. NOW...is pedometer better than heart rate monitor? Or should we have BOTH?

I think that the more stuff youre hooked up to monitor wise the more accurate everything is. I know a friend who walks constantly and runs marathons. She is hooked up to a chest monitor when she walks and has a pedometer simular to fitbit. Although the fitbit monitors more than hers.
  • mjterp
    Got my Fitbit tonight! Looking forward to how it works out.
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Got my Fitbit Saturday!! I am loving it!!!!!
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    I use the Omron I got from Amazon.com and I love it. It keeps accurate track of steps taken, miles, calories, and aerobic minutes. It also keeps all of your information for the week so you can compare and see how you did. I love it.