Fudge Brownies

Options
myeatman
myeatman Posts: 19 Member
I think there is something wrong with me...really! I love cake and frosting and frosting and cake, it's my favorite dessert. So, today I made the Big Muffin Top for my girls. Double chocolate cake mix and chocolate frosting. We baked it and frosted it. I also made the Jillian Michaels Fudge Brownies from MYM cookbook. I had a bite of the cupcake and then a small brownie. Do you know what? The brownie was delicious and tasted so good while the cupcake tasted like cardboard. I'm still in shock but it's a good shock. I think this healthy lifestyle is growing on me. I encourage you all to try the brownies. They are delish!

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i love the MYM brownies. i even cut out the 2 tbsp of veg oil she calls for. top them with greek yogurt, hersheys lite syrup and fresh fruit - delish!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    They sound delicious!!!! Cake and frosting is my biggest weakness, too!!!

Would you be able to post the recipe here? :happy:
  • theredcliche
    Options
    here is the recipe for the MYM brownies: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1095690
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :bigsmile:
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options

Thanks...can't wait to make them. I have all of the ingredients at home. Wahoo!!!!! :drinker:
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought the cookbook yet but it sounds like I'm going to have to get it soon! How many servings are there in a batch? Don't want to have too many helpings laying around the house if they are that good! :)
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just got the Master Your Metabolism book as a special offer to join Jillian MIchael's website (you just had to pay $4.95 s/h...I canceled my service to the website within a week, so I only paid $4.95 for the book). I'll have to look for this recipe in there. I love the idea of cutting out the oil, if they still taste good. Did you add anything else, like more applesauce or some banana to help replace the oil? Of course, me, I think "if I cut the oil, can I have 2 brownies?"...LOL. They would go from 85 calories to about 60 calories a piece...
  • theredcliche
    Options
    its only 2 tbsp of oil so i think i added 2 tbsp applesauce to whatever is already called for... they definitely aren't gooey fudgy ghirardelli brownies (my fav - the best!!!!!) but they definitely cut a craving for a small caloric price!