Monday Challenge (4/16)

Options
karen_thinmint
karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
Hey All,

Hope you don't mind me posting this, I just saw the email for Monday's challenge and figured I'd post.

Toning:
"Monday's workouts are your 8 toning moves... complete each move for 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions!"
Link to video: http://bcove.me/k8co9bwy
(the last one frightens me)

Cardio:
"Your cardio is the plateau buster!"
HIIT It: Plateau Buster
Do intervals for 40 minutes: 3 minutes at level 7; 2 minutes at level 4. Repeat 8 times total. Kick those intervals' butt

Replies

• alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea,
    I am doing C25K and planned on doing that today, so will sub that in for the HIIT. Will do the toning moves afterwards though, and will report back here once I'm done!
    Good luck everyone!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting this, i havent checked my email yet so you made it way easier. yes the last move looks hard but the one where you are in a reverse plank and kick up is really hard too! we will feel good tuesday for sure :)
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    erm i wont be able to do the interval running as wont be anywhere near a treadmill, i will be doing at least 30 mins walking tho to and from college today so thatll give me an hrs walking and its not on flat as its up hills and down etc.
    Any other suggestions as to what i could do for the cardio section aswell tho please ???
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    erm i wont be able to do the interval running as wont be anywhere near a treadmill, i will be doing at least 30 mins walking tho to and from college today so thatll give me an hrs walking and its not on flat as its up hills and down etc.
    Any other suggestions as to what i could do for the cardio section aswell tho please ???

You could try running or power walking for the higher intensity part of the HIIT and then walking for the lower intensity part. So running 3 minutes, power walking 2 minutes x8. Definately try get some intense cardio in because it's good to get your heart rate up.
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Done! Did C25K W4D1 and then straight afterwards did the toning moves - my god, I am definitely worked out!
    I did only 8 on each leg for the reverse plank thing, because I was losing form when I did more, so will just try do more next time. Also, I skipped the last exercise, because my yoga mat is in the car and I am too exhausted to go and get it haha. The rest of them I did all the reps for, and I am pretty stoked with myself cos I'm using 5kg (11ish lb) weights which is quite a bit larger than the ones they are using ;)

Good luck everyone, post how you found it!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS at the min as well. I'll sub that in for the cardio, I don't have access to an elliptical or a treadmill.
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Just did the 8 moves: 3 sets of 12 reps and omg it is a lot harder then it looked to me on the video. I had to change it a bit.

The positives: I liked the total transformer move (the reverse plank with leg lifts), Pick Me Up Press (table top position with press) and the Booty Lifter (bridge and tricep move).

I found the last move the Super Plank too challenging and changed it to push ups and the Mermaid I had to change it to just normal leg lifts without the ankles being crossed. I think I'm better off altering it to my level and doing it with good form then something that could potentially hurt me if I do it wrong. Don't get me wrong I still want to be challenged but I need to work up to it.

Will do the cardio tomorrow lunch as I need to go to bed now.

Good luck!
  • komplicatedmatters
    Options
    Cardio is done. I will complete my toning exercises after work..
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Just did the 8 moves: 3 sets of 12 reps and omg it is a lot harder then it looked to me on the video. I had to change it a bit.

The positives: I liked the total transformer move (the reverse plank with leg lifts), Pick Me Up Press (table top position with press) and the Booty Lifter (bridge and tricep move).

I found the last move the Super Plank too challenging and changed it to push ups and the Mermaid I had to change it to just normal leg lifts without the ankles being crossed. I think I'm better off altering it to my level and doing it with good form then something that could potentially hurt me if I do it wrong. Don't get me wrong I still want to be challenged but I need to work up to it.

Will do the cardio tomorrow lunch as I need to go to bed now.

Good luck!

Some of the moves are really hard! I think modifying the moves is better than trying to do them and getting the form wrong. Awesome getting it all done!
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Cardio is done. 48 flights of stairs so 30 mins but was dying do couldn't do more.

And I forgot to say a huge thank you Karen for posting this as the videos don't actually show up on their site using my iPad probably from the lack of flash (no laptop right now).

How did you do it this way?

Amber
  • karen_thinmint
    Options
    Cardio is done. 48 flights of stairs so 30 mins but was dying do couldn't do more.

And I forgot to say a huge thank you Karen for posting this as the videos don't actually show up on their site using my iPad probably from the lack of flash (no laptop right now).

How did you do it this way?

Amber

Not a problem. I was able to see the video on the website (although the blog isn't my favorite design, and I grabbed the code through the media player there.

Since you have no laptop, here's the YouTube video for Tuesday's challenge (it's the whole workout, not just clips and 10 minutes long). Just toning exercises, no cardio was indicated. Although if yesterday was an indication, I'll still be out of breath :o)

Tuesday 4/17: Under the Sea Work Out (no sea required)
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DnLjM2UusGQ

Print outs:
    https://www.mcssl.com/content/155119/bikini_series_2012/Screen_Shot_2012-04-17_at_12.44.04_AM.png
    https://www.mcssl.com/content/155119/bikini_series_2012/Screen_Shot_2012-04-17_at_12.44.12_AM.png
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Thanks again Karen - feel silly not thinking of YouTube.
  • foodcart
    foodcart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow. The mermaid move was hard!
  • banananisme
    banananisme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It was def challenging, but I'm ready to work my butt off ;-)

Good job everyone!
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    I'm about to get started on the "under the sea" workout for today. I have a feeling its gonna be my favorite just because of the theme! lol! love these chicks so far

edit to say that i can feel every muscle in my booty today from yesterdays workout!
  • karen_thinmint
    Options
    Did the "under the sea" hey pilates made me ready for the "clam" (i think that's what they called it)... but those moves made my hips look less big on the sides for sure! so a little extra is not a bad thing.

it wasn't too bad a circuit (9 min), I may go again later today.
  • nattief83
    Options
    havent done nowt today yet but then iv been at college all day, am just having tea and then once i get kids in bed i will be able to get on and do some, I have done just over an hrs walking today tho so have done some exercise at least.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options

I did three of them because at the end she said, you can do this a few more times if you want, so i figured yesterday it was three circuits i would just stick to that. those mermaids kill my hip bones, had to double up a blanket under me. would probably be ok if i was on the BEACH!
  • nattief83
    Options
    Holy cow they killed my hips even with a blankie under me and on my yoga mat. iv only done each exercise once along with them and i can really feel the stretch in my arms actually and in my legs to, i know they say no pain no gain but ouchhhh lol
    please dont say its only me that had trouble with them today ??
  • karen_thinmint
    Options

I did three of them because at the end she said, you can do this a few more times if you want, so i figured yesterday it was three circuits i would just stick to that. those mermaids kill my hip bones, had to double up a blanket under me. would probably be ok if i was on the BEACH!

I followed suit and did two more for three sets today.

The mermaids kill me too. But when I shifted my weight back a bit -- not directly on my hip bone but on the space behind it (side tushie - i dont know what it's called) -- it hurt a lot less.