30 day shred - weights

Options
Jjsugar2001
Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
Hey guys,

On the arm exercises during the strength portion, how heavy are the weights you are lifting? Do you increase the weights before moving onto the next level up?

Any answers appreciated I have very weak upper body strength!

Jen xx

Replies

• Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

During L01 used 3.3 lbs all level, except for the last exercise (the eye lifting with the lateral lunge), where I used 2.2 lbs.
    For L02, used 3.3 lbs all level, except for the last exercise (the V liftings), where i used 2.2 lbs.

:smile:

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been using 5 lb. weights for most of them, and when I feel that I can get through a specific strength exercise semi-easily I try using 8 lbs. As long as you aren't feeling like the weights you are using are not too light then you should be fine! I'm more focused on just finishing the 30 day shred than being able to use huge weights :)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use 1.5lb weights, I feel so weak with you ladies talking about 8lb weights!
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    I only have 3-pound weights, so that is what I use. I'm thinking of buying some 5-pound ones though.
  • amyinGA
    amyinGA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3 lb weights, although for parts I've used 5 - like on bicep curls, rows, and chest fly.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was worried my 3.3lb weights were going to be too heavy...I did day one of the shred today and they were fine.
  • OwloftheFuture
    OwloftheFuture Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy to buy weights... I fill up two 27oz water bottles and use those... I feel cheap.
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have two sets: 1.0 kg and 2.0 kg. I usually use the 2.0 kg set, but i bump it down if I feel like I'm going to die!
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    A tin of baked beans in each hand lol
  • nannanorem
    nannanorem Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am only using 1lb weights for now. Seems to be working for me :smile:
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At work we have a little workout room/gym and that's where I did my video today. The smallest weights they have are 5lbs. For some of the exercises it was ok, but on others I was really struggling. I thought I was even weaker on upper body than I originally thought, but after reading the other posts I might not be so far off after all.
  • coriner
    coriner Posts: 9
    Options
    Just tried the 5 lbs today. I could do most everything on Level 1 except the second set of the first exercise, and the last shoulder one. I went down to 1 lb weight for those. I really pushed myself, and I think I'm gonna be hurting tomorrow! :-P
  • Monica1217
    Options
    i might pick up either 3 or 5 lb on my lunch break tomorrow will see which one suits me better??
  • kaylyngt
    kaylyngt Posts: 53
    Options
    I use 3 lb. weights, but on the squats and arm raises they are too heavy the second time around so I don't use them. They are also too heavy for the side lunge/arm raise at the end, so I don't use any as they are the smallest I have. I like the idea of cans of beans, I'll have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have always used 5lb ones. There are some moves where I wish I had 8 or 10lb, but for the most part, the 5's are great. (Ohhh except on those side lunges with a lateral raise - ohhhhhh hurts so good!! LOL!!!