Any Take Shape For Life Health Coaches on here?

Options
AJHarman
AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
The greatest journey of my life was getting healthy and learning how to create lasting change in my life through Dr Anderson's Habits of Health and the workbook. Then, to top it off I started helping others on their journey. I'd love to connect with other Health Coaches whether you have reached your weight goal or not. I'd love to know how much you've lost, significant light bulb moments on your journey, how long you have been a health coach. Looking forward to getting to know other like-minded people!

I'll start:
I'm Amy, I've lost 40 pounds and went into maintenance around Thanksgiving. My biggest light bulb moment has been realizing some unhealthy habits I had that I didnt' even realize I had and that I have the power to take control of my health (and it doesn't have to be hard!). I've been a health coach for 4 months and am so incredibly fullfilled helping people!

Replies

• cm1479
    cm1479 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am not a TSFL Health Coach, but I am a Medifast Nutrition Counselor in a center.

I've lost 51 pounds (45 on medifast ) and I have 22 to go to get to my first goal. Not only did I become fortunate enough to find a job right after graduating last May, but its in the field I studied, and I get to lose the weight I gained my last two years of school. I have learned so much the last 8 months of being at my center. My lightbulb moment in knowing I needed to make a change was when I graduated May 2011. I was so unhappy and I felt like a hypocrite. (my degree is in public health- health promotion and behavior science with a minor in exercise science) If I handnt gotten hired, I would have joined the program! Another lightbulb since following 5:1 is Ketosis. I had learned about it but never thought it would be for me, since that diet is usually used for epilepsy patients. Since eating less calories from carbohydrates, I have more energy, my depression is just about non-existent, and I'm never hungry. I love going to work every day knowing that people chose Medifast to change their life. And what is even more special is that I get to do the journey with them.
  • AJHarman
    Options
    Awesome! I've been thinking about going back to school to become a nutritionist or dietitian. I have to think really hard about it given all the difficulties of going back to school while having a family and working full time. I bet you find your job quite fulfilling! I certainly do! I get to help people change their lives long term and get paid for it. It's fun being paid to do something you love because it doesn't feel like work at all.

Good to find out a little about you!
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just started the Take Shape for Life program. Day 1 ughhh I feel a little lost. I have done Atkins and HCG sure hope this works.
  • AJHarman
    Options
    Lean on your coach for clarification! Also, your Quick Start Guide along with condiments list and non-meat lists should answer most of your questions. Of course you can always post your questions here as well but I always like to point people back to their awesome coach :) So excited for your health journey!