keeping binge foods in the house

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have been binge eating for 3 days now! I thought being back to work today I would get back on track but no, came home and started. UGH!!!! So upsetting, I don't understand!

My question is:

Do you keep foods that you would want to binge on in the house?

I am thinking of getting rid of anything that I could pig out on because of course I won't binge on veggies!

Replies

• juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    If I see something I love in the house (chips!!) I will definitely munch on it.
    So yeah I suggest getting rid of that temptation and replacing it with fruits and veggies!
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I try not to keep foods that I "crave" in the house such as sweets and chips. You are right. It's not appetizing to binge on veggies.... veggies also have fiber which will fill you up faster and help you reach satiety faster.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Omg no, I don't keep any of my binge foods the house! I would eat them too! Even the healthier snacks I keep in the house (sugar free pudding, clif bars, etc) can be hard for me not to binge on at times. I can't trust myself to keep any in the house, especially ones that I can't resist. That way, if I REALLY want it I can go get it but more often than not, I don't.

This is why my hardest time of day is weekday afternoons! I'm at work (yuck lol) and my binge foods are way too easily accessible.

Out of sight, out of mind. Throw out the binge food! :smile:
  • vyletbegood
    vyletbegood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I do is only buy healthy foods that take time to cook like beans, rice, and vegetables. The same day I buy something with chocolate, or something with cheese there is no escape from bingeing. =[

Get rid of 'em! Shoo! Go away binge foods!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest throwing out all trigger/binge foods. You can't eat them if they're not there. Unfortunately for me, I live with my parents still and they often buy my triggers, so it's all about self control for me.
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    ok in the garbage they go! Thank you guys, I really appreciate all your opinions!
  • DTBurroughs
    DTBurroughs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I try not to bring large amounts of certain foods into the house. Like if I want ice cream, I go out for it. Or buy single serving sizes, not the 80 gallon warehouse store size. But when I am in full binge mode, anything edible will do. I once got extremely sick after eating white flour from the bag, because it was what was accessible. I think it's a mixed bag, because you don't want to set yourself up to fail, but for me a big part of dealing with this is realizing that it's not the ice cream that is my trigger, it's something in me and I can't hide from it.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've taken to buying single serving sizes or going out for it - which I guess is good because it means a little walk first!

I think if I kept foods in the house that triggered me, I would likely go on to binge.

Although at the moment I do have a lot of baked crisps left over so I'm trying to learn some willpower with them.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    But when I am in full binge mode, anything edible will do.

Unfortunately, this is the case for me too....but since I don't keep a lot of junk food in the house, at least it's a little better. I've noticed that (for me!) a calorie is not a calorie, and bingeing on "healthy" food has less of an effect than bingeing on highly processed carbs, which is my food of choice. Not that either is really ok, but I'm working on it....or trying, at least. :ohwell: