Just started week 4

Options
NSV- been dreading week 4 of c25k but I did it! I can't believe I just did that. It's 3 min jog, 90 second walk, 5 min jog, 2.5 min walk, 3 min jog, 90 second walk, and 5 min jog. The second 5 min jog I couldn't do straight - I had to mix some power walking in - but I still did it!!!!!!! OMG.

Also please note, I need to lose 130+lbs LOL!

Replies

• ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    You go girl! That is awesome! I just did w2d2 and the last interval about killed me. I can't imagine being able to run 3 minutes straight let alone 5 at the moment lol! Keep up the good work!
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    It's all do-able!! Trust me, if the programme works for a guy over 230lbs it can work for anyone!! Stick with it and believe in yourself...you CAN push through it :wink:

Get the right shoes to make it much much easier...it was a godsend for me!!
  • joanbip
    joanbip Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm still on week 3 and a little scared of what comes next, but you inspired me!
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 Monday, at 300+ its going to be hard but I am game.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did W4D2 today and am loving it! I've noticed I can run the whole time if I pay attention to running slowly :)
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    I had my third day of week 4 today and felt a lot more comfortable than the first time :)
    Can't wait for week 5, even though I'm really scared xD
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I did w4d1 yesterday.
    It's just WOW! A great accomplishment.

I focused on breathing, going slow and finishing each run.
    In the end I had energy to spare even after I walked home. I might push a little harder for w4d2.

My biggest problem came from my MP3 player screwing up in the middle of the first 5 minute run. I had a stopwatch function going and knew when the interval would be over. I just got the walking portions timed a little too long.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did W4D2 today and am loving it! I've noticed I can run the whole time if I pay attention to running slowly :)

i''m the same way. As long as I don't burn myself out I can do the whole run plus a few extra minutes on the end!!
  • naprestsleep
    Options
    I was hurting at the end of the second 5 minutes but stayed at my pace of 5mph, granted I had to grab the rails on the treadmill for a minute. Hope the next 2 days of this get better.
  • naprestsleep
    Options
    I was hurting at the end of the second 5 minutes but stayed at my pace of 5mph, granted I had to grab the rails on the treadmill for a minute. Hope the next 2 days of this get better.
    Failed today at the gym. Did strength training for legs then tried to run. My legs were beat, so i did a 3 min run and then a brisk walk for 20+. Going to give them a days rest and try W4D2 again.
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    I just did week 4 day 2 and I a surprising myself everytime I go out. Never thought I'd run 5 minutes, so looking forward to the next challenge.
  • ssdivot
    Options
    You guys are doing awesome! Keep it up :). I'm a week or so behind you. Having calf cramp problems but I think they are getting under control. I'm going to repeat week 3 I believe. Can't wait to be able to go 5 minutes at a time though! That is wonderful!
  • 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I start W4D1 tomorrow and am nervous about it. Cross you fingers!! :)
  • ssdivot
    Options
    I start W4D1 tomorrow and am nervous about it. Cross you fingers!! :)

Let us know how it goes! :smile:
  • 1213shell
    Options
    It was a little rough but not as bad as I anticipated. The last 5 minute interval required 3-4 walking steps up the track incline but other than that, I ran (albeit slowly) all the intervals. I have to say though, my right knee is a little battered and retaining fluid (I have RA) so I'm glad today is a strength training day. I had run out of fish oil a couple of weeks ago and haven't had a chance to replenish -- I know that is contributing to the knee problem. When I take fish oil, my joints are well-lubed and I don't have "crunchy knees" which I am currently experiencing. I'll be restocking the fish oil this week :smile:
  • ssdivot
    Options
    Happy to hear about your successful run :drinker: Take care of your knees. Hmmm...my knees are very crunchy noisemakers, maybe I need to get fish oil too!
  • 1213shell
    Options
    Thanks!! I find the fish oil helps me a lot. I take a Rx anti-inflammatory once a day but took an extra one last night, my daily dose this morning and probably another this evening. Of course, if my PT puts me through a lower body circuit tonight, I may be breaking out the ice packs : )
  • ssdivot
    Options
    I just did week 4 day 1 and it about killed me! I was ok for the first two intervals (and feeling pretty awesome to be able to go 5 minutes!) but after the next 3 minute interval I totally stopped for one minute, then continued and on the last 5 minute interval was suffering the whole time and my form went to pot and I was hanging all over the handrails of the treadmill. I'm still counting it as a success! This week is a bigger jump up than the other weeks have been.
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 today on a treadmill and i powered through it, i did weeks 1-3 outside on pavement and that was harder, my only problem was i had shin pain when i was doing the walking intervals but not during the jogging intervals.

i know it will kill me going back to the pavement though lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I was on week 3 a few weeks ago before quitting. I don't really have any good excuses, I just got lazy and had a hard time finding the time. Now I've decided to go running in the evening after I put my son to bed. I picked up where I left off this past Saturday evening on week 4 day 1, but I left off that last 5 minute run. It was on accident, I didn't look up the schedule before leaving the house. But I'm starting again week 4 day 1 tonight, day 2 tomorrow, and day 3 on Thursday. Then next week is week 5.

I really surprised myself when I went out on Saturday night... especially after being out of it for 3 weeks. I started out with the 3 minute run and I couldn't believe that after the 3 minutes were up I was barely even winded. And then I got through the 5 minute run fine as well. Can't wait until the next challenge.