Day 17... I am showing these planks who's boss!

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
I really feel like I'm getting stronger with Workout Two! I actually stayed in plank position (or close to it) yesterday and today, for the entire time we were supposed to! I didn't think it was possible to improve so quickly. My thrusts and jacks are still itty-bitty baby jumps, but they're jumps! I hope some of you are feeling the same way. We only have three more days of Workout Two!

When the workout ends, and she says, "Amazing job... amazing job," don't you feel like she's talking directly to you? I do! I'm like, "Thanks!" And she says, "We're gonna see you tomorrow," and I say, "Yes, you will!" :D Haha!

Replies

• ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !

Yeah my upper body strength has improved dramatically since day 1 ...I could barely do a girly push up then now I'm on to full ones , only getting about half way down , but i'll get there ! it's thanks to all that planking !!

haha, yeah , me too !
  • colorlessgreen
    Options
    Yeah, my pushups on my toes are definitely still only halfway down, but I think the planks are helping strengthen those muscles. I've been thinking about doing the 100pushups.info workout... I've also read that if you can't go all the way down, once every day you should get as low as you can, and then hold it until your arms are shaking so bad that you can't hold yourself up anymore. :) I've been wanting to start that, but I'm waiting until Workout Two is over, because I don't want to destroy those muscles before I get to my planks each day, haha!
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ack. no internet for several days. glad to see you guys are still pushing it. Unfortunately, I've been letting my eating slip so I'm actually gaining weight (NO!), but I feel good doing the workouts. I plan to work out before bed tonight, but I was just so happy to have internet that I had to log in and see everyone!

Congrats on the good work!
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the planks with my hands in a fist rather than on the palms of my hands. It's so much easier on the wrists!
  • colorlessgreen
    Options
    I've been doing the planks with my hands in a fist rather than on the palms of my hands. It's so much easier on the wrists!

I was watching a YouTube video about correct pushup form the other day, and they suggested holding some hex-shaped dumbbells and keeping your wrists straighter. I think it may be a bit harder, but I'm not sure. Could be something else to try if your wrists are killing you!