When are you done with c25k?

Options
courtneymal17
courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
I know it's a weird question, most of you will probably say after the last day of the last week...but here's my situation...I'm on week 7, but the other day I ran for 30 minutes. Iknow the point is to go through all the runs, but have you ever skipped weeks? I'm thinking of fast forwarding to week 9 (the 30 min runs), and doing that for a week-two weeks, then calling myself done...has anyone done that? I'm still a SLOW runner (I only went 2 miles in those 30 mins lol!) but I think trying to pace myself to run 30 mins isn't helping my speed any....I have also already run two races ( a 5k that I ran/walked, and a 4 mile race that I ran/walked)

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Since you are not covering the full 5k in your 30 minutes I'd stick with the gradual increases of the final weeks of the program so that you are gradually building on your foundation. I've read that is important to staying healthy and injury free. I'm no expert though.... that's just my opinion.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip to the end. I mean, it's only a couple more weeks anyway, and you've obviously made good progress using the program-- why not just finish it? You'll increase your speed as you run more, I don't think it will hurt to just stick it out.

Great job so far, btw!
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Since you are not covering the full 5k in your 30 minutes I'd stick with the gradual increases of the final weeks of the program so that you are gradually building on your foundation. I've read that is important to staying healthy and injury free. I'm no expert though.... that's just my opinion.
    I am inclined to agree with this. Though I suppose it depends on if you are looking to run the full 5K or if you really just want to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. Depends on your personal goal. Good luck with whatever you do!

And to answer your question, I finish next Friday! :D
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I will be completing W8D2 tomorrow. I can jog 30 minutes now, but I have not jumped to week 9. I just want this to me a habit of my minimum being 30 minutes for now, and I know the more I do it. The more I can do it. I'm afraid that my results one may not be consistent enough right now.
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this too. My 5K is on Mother's Day so I have 5 weeks until my run, which will be the start of W7. I am not counting on running the whole time, but partial run/jog and walk will be great for me I think.

But I was curious what others do when you are in a time crunch. Do you start your following week earlier? i.e. run more than 3xs in a week?

Thanks.