New to the group

Options
BlessedMomX2
BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
I am new to the group and just wanted to intoriduce myself. My name is April and I am a HORRIBLE binge eater. I find that I binge mostly in the evenings when my husband has gone to work. I know that it is emotional bingeing and I need to think of other things to do when I get lonely,bored, or sad instead of eating unitl I am literally sick to my stomach. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am looking for support with this.

More about me:

I am 25, and have been happily married for 5yrs. We have two sons, one is 4 and the other is 7weeks.

Replies

• sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Maddie an I am new to this group, too. I have two daughters, 9 and 6 years old. I am 37 years old. I have been a binge eater since I was 10 years old. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hello :) im a binge eater too. i was anorexic for a little more than half a year (short time but lost lots of weight) and for another half a year, I've been recovering. i didn't recover the proper way and started bingeing :( now, i can't stop eating and I'm miserable. hopefully, bingeing will stop for all of us!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! This group is wonderful. Feel free to friend me. :smile:
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group! I'm starting to recognize the issue I have with binge-eating. I go in cycles, and do really well for awhile, but then fall back into old patterns. I'm not even quite sure why I do it. I'm just starting to look at this issue in my life. Anyway, I could use any support that you want to give. :)
  • amberwren
    amberwren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New and out of control...
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Welcome new friends!! I'm so glad you're here! I have way less problems with food and bingeing when I stay close to this group. It helps! Everyone here rocks!! :smile:
  • arielaliza
    arielaliza Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey guys!! i joined this group a couple of months ago and the support has been tremendous! I realized my relationship with food was leading to severe issues. Now I read a lot... about binge eating disorder, food addiction, and mindful eating... Reading combined with being as active as possible in this group and with MFP pals has brought me so much comfort! Good luck guys and feel free to request me!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Diane. Been trying to recover from Binge Eating Disorder for a little over 2 yrs now. It is a lot of work. A solid support system has helped me tremendously. Don't know what I'd do w/o my MFP pals.
  • meggasaurusrex
    meggasaurusrex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, my names Meggan and I've been a binge eater since I was really little. Some part of me believes food=nurture, and its a really hard thing to shake off. Even on days when I don't feel I'm in a binge-y place I eat a healthy meal and somehow that triggers the need to go on massive binge! There is nothing worse than lying in bed at night, unable to sleep, adding up all those fats and calories from that binge and thinking..."what if I just hadn't done that..."
    I'm planning on drinking more water, examining my mental links with comfort and food, and seeing a nutritionist within the next few weeks, to see if there is any connection between the meals I'm eating and food cravings. Its a long shot, but if you don't try, you don't achieve!
    Anyway, feel free to add me, its always super useful to have someone who is on a weight loss journey with you who truly understands the almost unavoidable self sabotaging that binge eating involves!
  • meggasaurusrex
    meggasaurusrex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey guys!! i joined this group a couple of months ago and the support has been tremendous! I realized my relationship with food was leading to severe issues. Now I read a lot... about binge eating disorder, food addiction, and mindful eating... Reading combined with being as active as possible in this group and with MFP pals has brought me so much comfort! Good luck guys and feel free to request me!
    Can you recommend any good books? I love me some reading, lol!
  • mellowwine
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris and new to MFP and to this group. I never had the problem of bingeing until later in life. I'm a good deal older than the rest of you girls. I've raised my kids, have 5 grandkids and retired a few years ago. I have the worst trouble in the evenings and when I go grocery shopping. It's especially bad when I've been doing well in the weight loss department. I think it's like I give myself permission to sabotage myself. Dumb, huh? I always have the intention of doling out the goodies to make them last and be a real "reward". Instead they become a punishment and I end up with an overly-full stomach and beating myself up for being so stupid. And instead of one or two cookies, I've eaten the whole package. I never used to be like that. I was thin as a child and we ate reasonably healthy meals. The year I was turning 50, I decided to finally quit smoking. I did and I also finally hit menopause pretty full on as well. I watched myself grow out of most of my clothes that summer, too. And things have never been the same since. So, we are all at different stages of our lives, but I'm here to tell you, the demon Binge can show up any time. So maybe we can help each other head him off at the pass!
  • CamDizzle8
    CamDizzle8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello:
    I'm here as well. I will be looking to this group for support. My name is Cami. I need all the help I can get. Every day I wake up and say that today I am going to do it! By the time I go to bed it has all gone down the toilet. I hate feeling hungry and once I start eating things I like, it is gone before I realize it. Should I go to Over-eater's anonymous? This is ridiculous.
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
    My name is Elise and I have a similar story like everyone here.

I do great all day, then something happens at 8 pm and i destroy all the hard work I put in.
    I always feel like someone (or thing) steps into my body and starts jamming thousands of useless calories down my throat. When its over I am always in shock and awe of the damage I caused to myself, without even fully feeling responsible.

i did great the first year or so on weight watchers, minimal binging and lost 45 pounds.
    I dont know what has happened since then, but there are more nights than not that I go to bed feeling completely worthless and powerless because of binging.
    Its been a few months since the "binge monster" returned, and for the most part i was maintaining with a lot of excercise. but now I am gaining back.
    This HAS to stop! I have come so far and I would be crushed if I never reached my goal.

Well, thats the basic story~! Please add me! Support from people who understand and have tips to help are much needed.
    Thank you!
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    oops double post
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hi, posted my on topic, but shall say a little here as well to bore you all, lol.
    I am Kate, I am 36, almost 37(yup, a taurus, renowned for their love of good food), had EDs on and off since the age of 13, mostly anorexia, with purging, but also now it seems, bulimia, and it is really getting me down and destroying my health.
    Each time it happens, I say I will not do it again, as I hate feeling so drained and unwell, but then I end up bingeing again and cannot stand to simply sit there with all that food in me.

I am seeing a psychologist, for various issues, not primarilly the ED issues, and she isn't very helpful tbh, I cannot do the mindful eating thing. And emotions are difficult for me as I am on the autistic spectrum and find them hard to identify and notice at the best of times.

I love advising and supporting others, and have so much knowledge in my brain on nutrition and healthy eating, and I put that into practise in my meals, but then the binges totally ruin it. I am frustrated as I seem unable to find a solution that makes me happy. I wish you all luck in your efforts to free yourselves from this monster, and feel free to add me if you would like, so long as you accept, I am not just a binge eater, but also bulimic.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this group as well. I searched it out when I realized I had a question that was specific to people who suffer from binge eating disorder like myself, and it occurred to me that there's probably a group for it.
    I'm also prone to binges when my husband leaves for work at night. I have a 3 and a 5 year old.
    I've been a binge eater for about 15 years and I've been seriously fighting this thing for about 5 years. Had a relapse two years ago (+40 lbs) and have been clean for 1 week.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • rabetts
    rabetts Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rachel. I'm glad I found a group like this. Everyone seems so helpful and supportive. I'm pretty sure I've been a binge eater all my life. I love good food, and the better it tastes, the more I have trouble controling how much I eat. Some days I eat like I'm afraid I'll never get to eat again. Does anyone else do this? I could use some friends, and am definitely willing to lend my support.
  • greekygirl
    Options
    I love how active this group has become! I mean, I'm not happy you all suffer from this as well, but I'm so glad you're all posting! This support helps so much!! Anyone needing friends, please feel free to friend me.

Let's make it a great day! :smile:
  • goalgal55
    Options
    Hi. New to the group. Not sure if I'm a technical "binge" eater, but I binge occasionally and am an extreme emotional eater!! Glad to find some support, and when I work up the courage, I'll "friend" a few of you. For now, still reluctant to believe I let myself go this far.

Has anyone heard the acronym HALT? It's helped me before. When you are about to eat, you ask, Am I:

Hungry?
    Angry?
    Lonely?
    Tired?

It works when I remember to access it. Sometimes, I access it too late and the binge has already started. Thanks.
  • DTBurroughs
    DTBurroughs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never heard the acronym before, but I like it! It is similar to what I do in my food notes section.