My Promise

Options
FatassFairy
FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
my promise as group owner is to make sure the rules in the welcome post are honored.

if the group gets busy and it becomes dificult i will ask for help.

Replies

• dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So happy to see this new group. I choose to eat less than 1200 calories a day. It works great for me. I feel healthy. I'm at my goal weight!! I'm more fit than I've ever been in my life. I would love to receive and offer support to those like me, without the fear of judgement or harassment. Thanks for starting this up!!
  • FatassFairy
    Options
    you are welcome, i started because is joined an under 1000 group and the first post i see are people, this one particular chick mainly bashing everyone.

she comeshere she will be banned immediatley
  • acrego
    acrego Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

You have my full support! I am also tired of people telling me that 1200 is not enough. I try to stay under 1000, and once I adjust to it, I do lose weight, and I feel fantastic. I have energy, and eat nutritious food, and enjoy eating out once in a while. I don't starve!

I agree, we just need to listen to our bodies and use some discipline & moderation.
  • GiniN
    GiniN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I HAVE A HOME!
    After years of gaining weight on the "recommended" calories I finally had metabolic testing and learned WHY I was gaining weight. Glad to be here now!
  • danikiz
    danikiz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group! I'm new to MFP, but I know what I need to lose weight and keep it off and still eat healthily. Thanks for making a group clear of those offended by low cal.
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    what a lovely group, i too am on low calories- my given calories were 1240 but i like to hover at about 900-1000 cals x
  • charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! happy at 950 cal max and losing weight... don't want to be told off all the time! xx
  • bronagh20
    bronagh20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So glad ive found this group. in the past 6 wks of mfp I was following the recommended intake of 1500 a day. I felt I was eating more than usual and didnt seem to be having much success. I feel that 1100-1200 is plenty for me and intend sticking to it for the next few weeks to see how it goes.
    I think I know my body enough to know I will not loose weight eating 1500 a day.
    Good luck everyone
  • mjfb0000
    mjfb0000 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi guys!!!! I tend to stay at 1000 a day I like to leave room for error and I try not to eat my excersise away. I figure at some point that takes care of the alcohol I drink! I started In December 2011. My biggest thing is getting my breakfast calories in and really no snacking other then friut? I don't know it's working slowly but it's working. I have like 60 left to lose
  • slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I gain rapidly on anything over 1200 so this is perfect for me! Trying to have a weekly net of 7000 so some days under 1000, some days a little over - and it seems to be working great for me :)
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just saw a new thread: TOPIC: How do you report a group?

It's about this group.
  • FatassFairy
    Options
    Just saw a new thread: TOPIC: How do you report a group?

It's about this group.

yep though if you read through the replies most people are telling her to mind her own business , i wish people would.
    we are not going on the public forums promoting ****.
    thats why its a group. so we can talk amongst our self and not bother other peoples delicate sensitivities

i mean really if you dont agree with the group dont go on the group? why is that so hard to understand?
  • loriduarte
    loriduarte Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cool. A group for me, finally.
    I stick to an average of about 1,000 a day. I do about 45-55 minutes of cardio 6 to 7 days per week but don't usually eat back the net.
    I feel great and have tons of energy. I do take some calcium and a multivitamin some days because I don't eat dairy or meat.
    Regardless, the low cal life works for me.
  • MsShroom
    MsShroom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Finally!

I've been on MFP since November and was thinking no one else out there was 'breaking the rules' by eating under their 1200 cal limit...

I've been eating well under 1000 calories a day for 4 months now, started walking everywhere and I've lost 35 lbs so far - no depravation, no pain, no fatigue... it just seems to be working for me. Nothing else has. Heck, once i cut out my nightly wine after work, there went 300 calories alone!

People started to notice my weight loss and everyone asks me what I've been doing - I tell them I joined MFP and that the food journal is very important to keep you on track.

Not feeling like you are pigging out every day is not a crime. What is with those posters wanting to report this group?! That post made me seek this group out and Join - I have all my private info PRIVATE to stop people from prying in the first place. That chick suxs...

Glad to be here and hope to see some really great posts on interesting topics that I can relate to.
  • FatassFairy
    Options
    maybe we should change the name to....

:laugh: :laugh: REBELS WITHOUT A COOKIE:laugh: :laugh:
  • futbolista10
    Options
    Low calorie dieting is the ONLY way I can lose weight. I was a varsity soccer athlete since my freshman year in highschool and still continue to play for my university. I ate back my exercise calories, did tons of cardio, and ate nothing but lean meats, greens, and veggies.

I never lost weight. I always just stayed the same.

Once I reduced my calories and fat intake, the pounds are falling off. I still have my muscle as well, its just now YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THEM!

Anyways, everyone does things differently because each and every body is different. If we were all the same there wouldn't even be a need for MFP.
  • acrego
    acrego Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    There are people out there on the WWW that support each other in a bad way, serious anorexics and bulimics who have real disorders & don't want to change. That really is a problem, and it's not healthy.

HOWEVER, I have been reading all the posts in this group so far, and I have not seen any really alarming posts that would make me think anyone here is into that. It's just a different approach, just like IF (Intermittent Fasting) is a different approach.

My only small concern, which is probably shared by most here, is sustainability. If this way of eating is sustainable in the long term, we will not experience "starvation mode" where the body retains fat. I think that is more likely to happen with yo-yo dieting.

Those who are concerned by this group are probably concerned about both eating disorders and yo-yo diets. I hope we can find a way to convince them that neither of those things are desired or supported here. Or, they can just ignore us, just like I ignore people who tell me that my goals are unhealthy.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I try to stay between 900 and 1200 calories per day for a week or so, and then I have a day or two where I eat between 1500-2000 (usually including alcohol). I find I don't gain on the days where I eat more. I work out. I eat what I want in moderation and I've lost 30 lbs. since mid-January. I'm really glad I found this group. I get really tired of the "my way or the highway" mentality on the forums.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group and hope to hear back from y'all soon! I just successfully completed a 25-day 700 calories/day diet, no exercise, and lost the ten vanity pounds I had gained over the course of five months. Now, I am at my ideal weight of 111 (I am 5' 3 1/2.")

I am 61 years old and ALWAYS diet on low calories. Back in the 1960s, almost everyone dieted.on 800 or 900 calories per day. The modern weight loss industry wants people to drag out their diet as long as possible. It's all about the money! It has become a multi-billion-dollar business. More money for them. if you only lose a pound a week and stay on a diet for months instead of weeks!
  • Fat2_Fit
    Fat2_Fit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have a place like this. Right now I'm trying to stick to 800-1200 a day. Eventually I'd like to get to 700-900.