Off Day Workouts?

Options
PeachyPlum
PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
What do y'all do besides couch to 5k? I thought about trying 30 day shred but I'm scared it will leave me too sore to run!

Replies

• bcereuskk
    bcereuskk Posts: 33
    Options
    Funny you posted this because I was wondering the same thing. I've done the shred before and I was crazy sore! I'm only just finishing week 1 but I've been doing the elliptical on my off days. I can only do c25k on sporadic days due to my husband and my work schedules and needing a babysitter so I walk if I'm feeling really sore.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    I'm currently on day 3 of shred. I just did w5d2 of c25k. Both leave you sore in different places. But I think overall its a nice crosstrain. So far week 1 of shred is big on arm and back strength..
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    yoga :)
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I hike, usually trying to climb hills. I live in the Highlands of Scotland so I can walk out my door and find a hill to climb pretty easy. I do this in the am before getting the kids off to school.

When the weather is bad, I stick to walking on level, paved surfaces. When it's been dry, I can strike out over open ground. Still sink into a lot of squelchy stuff, but it's doable.

I really like climbing hills. It's a great workout - sort of a type of HIIT which gets my heart rate up really high. On a long, steep ascent, I have to stop and admire the view frequently. LOL

I have two fitness goals: to run in a 5k and to climb a munro (Scottish mountain over 3000 feet). I'm ready to climb Ben Lomond just as soon as the snow clears up there!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Weights. I alternate weights days with C25K days and have one rest day a week. :-)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the shred and also a lower body barre workout. We'll see how it goes!
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am cycling about 20 miles on my off days. I am still looking to start a strength training workout next week, sooner if I can get my hands on a DVD now...