Day 2 of 14 day liquid diet

Options
JfMarrs
JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
Today is day 3 of my presurgery liquid diet, I'm not really hungry but I really miss salt and crunchies like almonds.

Replies

• puttingmyselfoutthere
    Options
    why don't you chomp on some ice chips? That might help :D
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I think once you pass the third day hurdle, it gets easier. The cravings, at least, should get better.

Good luck.
  • JfMarrs
    Options
    Today was day 4, I'm not really really hungry but I could eat some toast or nuts. Thanks for the tip on the ice chips that helps a little to get some crunch in.
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    Options
    no problem.. let me know if there is anything I should be thinking about buying.. I am going to be on my liquids on the 30th :D
  • JfMarrs
    Options
    I forgot that I could have tomato soup as long as I didn't have it every day so I had some yesterday and it was awesome so for my only hot food of the day I am going to alternate between Tomato soup and chicken broth. :) On Day 9 now and it's still hard but I'm not hungry. The biggest problem I have with this is that almost everything on the list that is allowed are sweet to the taste buds and I don't really like sweets that much.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I forgot that I could have tomato soup as long as I didn't have it every day so I had some yesterday and it was awesome so for my only hot food of the day I am going to alternate between Tomato soup and chicken broth. :) On Day 9 now and it's still hard but I'm not hungry. The biggest problem I have with this is that almost everything on the list that is allowed are sweet to the taste buds and I don't really like sweets that much.

You are doing very well! Only a few more days to go. I wish I didn't like sweets so much. That's what got me in trouble in the first place.
  • CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with the sweetness of what was allowed. I am not a big sweet fan. I only had to do the liquid diet 5 days presurgery but then after surgery for about 10 days. Tomatoe soup was a friend to me.. it broke up the sweet protien shakes and I hated the broth. Hang in there .... mind over matter.

I am 6 weeks post surgery today. I don't seems to want any sweets (I think I broke that habit now) I stuggle with protein intake. It is a journey for all of us to learn what works and what does not. But the benefits far out weigh (sorry) the stuggle.
  • JfMarrs
    Options
    4 days to go and I'm no longer missing the crunchy things I guess I'm just used to it. Lost 6 more pounds in the last week so I guess not only my liver is getting smaller with the liquid diet. Thank you all for your comments.
  • JfMarrs
    Options
    On my last day, surgery tomorrow morning. Looking back it wasn't so bad although there were a couple of tough days. Tomato soup helped a lot the second week, I had forgot it was on list the 1st week. :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hey honey it Really DOES GET EASIER ive justy done it and had my op this week
    x keep it up x
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    Options
    I start my liquids on Monday!! Its so soon :P
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am day 7 of post-op.. I was ok in the hospital with the liquids.. but now I am home, it is harder... I was eating very very clean healthy foods! (lost 58 lbs pre-op) I am not really "hungry" JUST bored.. and smelling the healthy foods is killing me.. :( Anyone else go through this?

Thank you,
    Tina