Obligatory welcome post

Options
FatassFairy
FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
welcome to the group.
here are the rules ... get along
no insulting anothers diet style.
do not join to 'educate' people on the dangers of low cal diet. we dont want to hear it
if you do the above you will be banned. bye bye now.

other than that enjoy

Replies

• FatassFairy
    Options
    please feel free to post
  • denidesigns
    denidesigns Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What range of low calorie ? I eat 800 to max 1100 cal a day does that count?
  • Melissakampa
    Options
    1100 is my limit
  • FatassFairy
    Options
    anything under what "they" say you should eat

i perfer to eat what I say i should eat.. "they " are not living in my body
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    Hi to all. Great idea for a group. I can't stand the "my way is the only way" on the main forums.

I stick with 1000-1200/day. I don't eat my exercise calories back.....Gasp!!! Since mid December, I've lost 20 pounds- averaging 5 lbs per month loss.

I see the doctor twice a month and all of my weight loss has been fat- no loss of muscle WHO HOO,
    I look forward to having a "safe" place for support and motivation.

Anyone can feel free to add me, just message you are from the LC group.
    Jenn

P.S. I also follow a low carb diet 30gm/day......double Gasp!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling of everyone talking about how its promoting eating disorders. Unless you have lived in my body and have as much to lose as I do don't judge. I found this group because someone on the message boards was asking how to get this group shut down. Of course it peeked my interest and I was like WOW there are people out there who understand. I struggle everyday and would really like to hear more from people on low carb I have tried this in the past and the hunger pains would be too strong and I would give in. All info is appreciated.
  • jessica_blAne
    Options
    I was excited to see this group. I'm on the HC3 diet where I take in 800 calories a day and I follow a low carb diet. I've found great success with this after going through months with no weight loss I've lost 16 pds since starting this diet 2 months ago.
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    16lbs in two months is fabulous! Keep up the great work!
  • deanna_rosenbaum
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I've been there and I'm back there! Props on deciding to lose weight in the way that you feel is best for your body. I did a diet using New Direction shakes only a day totalling 800 calories and 50 carbs a day. I lost 80+ lbs and swore I would defy the stereotype and keep it off and not become one of those who gained it back plus more. Well I acheived part of that goal. I gained back a little over 60 of my lbs back. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago who put me on the HCG & a medicine called Bontril. She didn't say anything about how many calories to eat but I chose to shoot for 1000-1200 - on the medicine I have to make myself eat those some days. I focus on eating the right calories from protein and vegetables. Right now I'm trying to be moderate low carb (2 fruits and 1 piece of bread c peanut butter a day as carbs). The last time I lost a lot of hair and I don't want that to happen again. The rest of my calories come from vegetables and meat (and 3 T of sf vanilla coffee creamer in my chai decaf tea). trying to build some habits that will last this time. Please add me!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group and hope to hear back from y'all! I am a low-calorie successful dieter (currently maintaining ideal weight) with many, many haterz on MFP because I disagree with their 1200-calories/1 lb. per week weight loss strategy. I've even seen them advocate a half-pound/week weight loss-- also, their "you're not losing weight? Eat MORE!" idea-- they are not serious about dieting, and accuse of eating disorders those of us who possess the discipline to adhere to a low caloric intake. THEY can stay fat if they want to.